Senior Treasury Analyst - Treasury Operations (Remote)
The department of Treasury Operations at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Senior Treasury Analyst. Responsibilities include analyzing and implementing the appropriate debt structure for the University, the Research Corporation, regional campuses, and affiliates as it relates to the Master Plan and other strategic initiatives. This position is responsible for debt reporting and analysis, assisting with bond rating agency reporting, updating and maintenance of the debt model, external and internal debt payments and related journal entries, account reconciliations, new internal loan agreements and amortization tables, assisting with debt compliance, and providing information for financial statement reporting, audits, etc. With direction from the Debt Manager and Assistant VP of Finance, this position will regularly be responsible for various ad hoc requests and tasks.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year, and the flexibility to use that time to care for immediate family members
- WVU offers a range ofhealth insurance and other benefits
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match
- Wellness programs
What You'll Do
- Bond reporting and analysis.
- Compiledebt scenario analysis included complicated amortizations schedules.
- Assist with bond rating agency reporting and meeting preparation.
- Update the debt model for new debt issuances, new internal loans, payments, and other updates as needed.
- External debt service payments and related journal entries.
- Internal loan journal entries.
- New internal loans, including internal loan agreements, amortization tables, and journal entries.
- Account reconciliations for internal loans, debt service funds, cash obligations, and others as needed.
- Assist with debt and tax exempt bond compliance.
- Provide information for budgeting, financial statement reporting and external audits as needed.
- A Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or directly related field.
- Masters degree preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience involving:
- Experience as a financial analyst or as an accounting or auditing associate preferably in a treasury function.
- Planning, maintenance, audit, and reporting.
- Higher education experience a plus but not necessary.
- Demonstrated advanced Excel skills a must.
- Advanced Excel Skills is a must as well as general proficiency with the Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- An analytical mind that can understand, evaluate, and summarize vast amounts of data and communicate findings to Senior Management.
- Ability to perform tasks independently, complete tasks by specific deadlines, and take the necessary initiatives to solve problems related to these tasks.
- Comprehensive analytical and reasoning ability as well as planning and reporting capabilities.
- Certified Public Accountant OR Certified Treasury Professional certifications preferred.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Nov 16, 2021
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes