Kennesaw State University
Business and Financial Services
Job ID: 236130
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Manages daily center operations and administrative aspects to ensure efficiency, compliance, and accurate reporting. Has operational control managing a range of projects to support diverse program implementation. May work on high-level assignments related to program and initiative development, departmental budgeting, and strategic planning.
1. Administers recurring or daily functions or processes necessary for business execution and identifies opportunities for improvement or efficiencies
2. Provides support for internal and external events, to include space reservation and set-up, facilitator assistance, registration, attendance, and evaluation tracking, coordination with campus or external groups, and other logistical considerations
3. Performs center purchasing while ensuring adherence to university and state policies, maintain unit P-card, manage expenses across multiple funding sources and budgets, and oversee IT and supplies inventories
4. Coordinates and administers the collection, compilation, and analysis of center activity data, prepares comprehensive program reports and evaluation summaries.
5. Collaborates with director of operations and graphic artist to create, edit, and disseminates printed and/or digital communications, marketing materials, and social media content
6. Manages calendars for the assigned leaders and center event calendar, ensuring proactive adjustments for effectiveness operational efficiency
7. May supervise student assistant staff and provide training as assigned
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Three (3) years of experience related to the position.
Previous experience with office management and/or project management
Previous experience in higher education
Previous experience with design software (Adobe Creative Suite)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to maintain and appropriately utilize the unit's P-card
Able to maintain confidentiality
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Represents the department at the university, national, and international level and ensures a high level of service and professionalism.
Knowledge of basic accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
Basic understanding of budgets
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position requires a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Credit Report
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=236130&PostingSeq=1