Medaille College is accepting applications for a Reading Specialist. The purpose of this position is to provide reading and writing support for students across the campus. The Reading Specialist is highly collaborative and works with faculty and staff -- responsibilities include but are not limited to: collaborating with instructors teaching RDG 125 Critical and Analytical Reading, collaborating with the coordinator of tutorial services, working on special projects, serving on committees, teaching preparatory Reading and English courses, facilitating study groups, and leading special programming around literacy.
- Master’s degree in Education or related field (required).Master’s degree in Education with a specialization in Literacy (preferred).
- Substantial years of teaching and/or tutoring literacy in K-12 (required).
- Additionally, experience teaching at the college level with a track record of excellent results advancing students’ academic performance levels in diverse communities preferred.
- Proven results in providing training and support to faculty, curriculum design, and implementing, analyzing, and helping faculty create action plans from class assessments (preferred).
- Experience working with Learning Communities preferred.
Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills as well as attention to detail. Successful candidates should also possess the ability to present materials to groups in a workshop setting, and have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software and the Internet.
Medaille College seeks to hire faculty and staff with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching, student success, and civic engagement; and who understand the educational benefits of ethnic and racial diversity in the campus community. The candidate will demonstrate openness to social justice, and an interest in working with diverse populations.
Medaille is a growing, private, four-year, liberal arts-based college in Buffalo, New York, serving the educational needs of a diverse student body in Western New York and Southern Ontario through a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs (www.medaille.edu). We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and are eager to welcome a new colleague who shares those values.
Cover letter, resume, and three references should be electronically submitted to Barbara Bilotta, Director of Human Resources, Medaille College. Please refer to www.medaille.edu/jobs to apply. Review of applications will continue until position is filled. No phone calls please.
Medaille College invites applications from all qualified applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body and we support faculty development within a collegial team atmosphere.