Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Admissions Recruiter position. The Admissions Recruiter is primarily responsible for student outreach initiatives by developing and implementing strategies that serve to bridge student academic needs and goals with programs offered at the College. This position requires an outgoing, articulate individual who coordinates outreach activities with secondary schools, city and community agencies, external program initiatives, and other targeted markets. These activities include large and small group presentations (onsite, offsite and remotely via webcasts), education fairs, community festivals, and individual appointments. This position requires participation in recruitment events on evenings and weekends to build the reputation of the College and provide detailed information about academic opportunities, scholarship, financial aid and campus life.
The primary work location for this position is the College's Northeast Regional Center. This position may be reassigned to any of the College's regional campuses based on operational needs.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Bachelors' degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in higher education admissions recruitment, sales, marketing, or other recruitment experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to meet complex goals and collaborate with various departments on key initiatives required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of college admission, financial aid processes, and community outreach required.
- Demonstrated competency in planning and delivering presentations via electronic media including webinars/webcasts required.
- Demonstrated competency in organizing data and preparing reports required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and familiarity with creative presentation software, such as Prezi, and integrated management software systems required.
- Ability to communicate with prospective students via social media modalities such as Facebook, chat sessions, and Twitter required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; confidence speaking in small/large groups and with people from diverse backgrounds; and comfort engaging in sales-oriented communication required.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work/travel independently and set priorities to achieve goals/objectives required.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a cooperative team-focused work environment required.
- Knowledge of trends in college admission and understanding of the admission process required.
- Exceptional organizational planning skills and ability to collaborate with others required.
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community required.
- Valid driver's license and access to a personal vehicle required and ability to drive and utilize the college recruitment van required.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as required.
- Experience in the design, implementation and assessment of higher education recruitment initiatives is preferred