Posting Number: req6929
Department: Andrew Weil Ctr Intgrtv Med
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 655 N. Alvernon Way Ste 120, Tucson, AZ 85711 USA
Position HighlightsThe Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine is seeking an Administrative Associate to join our team. The position is responsible for responding to inquiries in a leads module and other systems. This includes, but is not limited to, answering questions and/or distributing them to the appropriate team member, assisting with coordination of meetings/educational activities, scheduling Zoom calls, and calling interested participants. Excellent organization and communication skills, both verbal and written. Collaborates well as a team member.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
All University employees are required to submit documentation demonstrating they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless granted a religious or disability/medical accommodation. New hires must submit their COVID-19 vaccine documentation or accommodation request no later than one week after their hire date or by December 8, 2021, whichever occurs later. To learn more about the employee COVID-19 vaccine requirement, submitting vaccine documentation, and/or requesting an accommodation, please visit https://hr.arizona.edu/content/employee-covid-19-vaccine-requirement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with managing inquires regarding educational offerings. Respond to interested participants, including communicating via email/phone to provide detailed information. Create written correspondence to reply to inquiries, including distributing program materials. Follow-up with interested participants to ensure questions and/or concerns are addressed.
- Maintain communication/record keeping databases to comply with program policies and procedures. Compile monthly report of program inquiries.
- Assist with coordination of meetings and/or educational activities, including scheduling in-person meetings/Zoom meetings, calendaring, taking meeting minutes, distributing minutes to appropriate program staff and other stakeholders, and preparing meeting information and materials.
- Perform other administrative duties, including but not limited to, travel arrangements, website updates, record keeping, supply ordering, inventory control, and data entry.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
*Sales and customer service experience preferred.
*An interest and passion for Integrative Health and Medicine is a plus.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Paula Cook | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.