Integration Engineer, Entry Level
Posting Number: req7813
Department: Digital Experience Technology
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Get to know us:
University Information Technology Services (UITS) has over
300 employees and an annual operating budget of approximately $77.6 million. It
is the University's central IT unit and provides enterprise-level technologies
and services that are broadly consumed, core to central administrative business
operations, and tend to offer substantial economies of scale. Technology at the
University of Arizona is essential to the mission of research, teaching, and
learning and is the foundation to the academic and administrative operations of
the campus. With a new future on the horizon, UITS has taken this unique moment
to emerge with even more robust service capabilities than we offered before the
pandemic. UITS works in collaboration with department and college IT units to
enhance student experiences to connect, discover, and engage with the
University, curricula, and beyond. UITS supports research for innovative
solutions for global challenges and embraces the spirit of entrepreneurship and
the values of diversity and inclusion.
Trellis Team is looking for a creative, motivated Integration Engineer for the University's EnterpriseCRM(Trellis) program. The
position is responsible for the development and maintenance of data pipelines and
web-based APIs to get data into and out of Salesforce. A commitment to
collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality
products is essential.
Integration Engineer will be part of a team which supports Salesforce CRM,
branded Trellis. The successful candidate
will be working within a dynamic, diverse, and continuously-evolving
environment--collaborating with organizations across campus to integrate a
variety of disparate services, develop new solutions, as well as providing
technical/architectural expertise and guidance. The University is committed to train the
successful candidate in becoming an Integration Engineer.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
We care about our people - Benefits, perks and
- Health, vision, dental Insurance plans, domestic partner
health plans, life insurance and disability coverage, flexible spending
accounts, retirement plans.
- 22 paid vacation days per year, 12 paid sick days per year,
10 holidays, University winter closure leaves between Christmas Eve and New
Year's Day, 6 weeks paid parental leave.
- Qualified Tuition Reduction for employees and qualified
- Health and wellness services.
- Employee discounts.
- Continuous learning environment and professional development
opportunities. Access to 17,000 LinkedIn Learning courses library.
- And many more!!! Please visit talent.arizona.edu for more
All University employees are required to submit
documentation demonstrating they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a
condition of employment unless granted a religious or disability/medical
accommodation. New hires must submit their COVID-19 vaccine documentation or
accommodation request no later than one week after their hire date or by
December 8, 2021, whichever occurs later. To learn more about the employee
COVID-19 vaccine requirement, submitting vaccine documentation, and/or
requesting an accommodation, please visit
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop data pipelines and/or microservices in Dell Boomi to integrate disparate systems
- Use AWS services to develop additional integration solutions.
- Utilize strong design and development patterns and frameworks to ensure solutions are sound and meet requirements.
- Follow good practices and project guidelines in all cases including the use of source code control, automated testing and deployment approaches, test-case-based development, and proper documentation practices.
- Contribute to the development team by sharing knowledge, assisting others, and keeping up with the new trends and best practices as they evolve in the industry.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field AND one year experience in a related field.
- Or, any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Skill in writing technical documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical, inductive reasoning and problem-solving skills.
* Supporting, maintaining and enhancing an externally-facing API or application stack in a production environment.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $48,786-$65,997
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional Document
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please upload an additional document with a list of at least three professional references (one should be at least prior supervisor).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.