Salesforce Developer, Entry Level
Posting Number: req7811
Department: Digital Experience Technology
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Get to know us:
University Information Technology
Services (UITS)hasover300employees and an annual
operating budget of approximately $77.6million. It is the University's
central IT unit and provides enterprise-level technologies and services that
are broadly consumed, core to central administrative business operations, and
tend to offer substantial economies of scale. Technology at the University of
Arizona is essential to the mission of research, teaching, and learning and is
the foundation to the academic and administrative operations of the campus.
With a new future on the horizon, UITS has taken this unique moment to emerge
with even more robust service capabilities than we offered before the pandemic.
UITS works in collaboration with department and college IT units to enhance
student experiences to connect, discover, and engage with the University,
curricula, and beyond. UITS supports research for innovative solutions for
global challenges and embraces the spirit of entrepreneurship and the values of
diversity and inclusion.
Information Technology Services (UITS), within the University of Arizona, is
seeking a motivated Salesforce Developer
for the University's
EnterpriseCRM(Trellis) program. The position is responsible for the development and
maintenance of Salesforce applications and will be working with other engineers
and developers on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to
collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality
products is essential.
Salesforce Developer will be part of a team which supports Salesforce CRM,
branded Trellis. This individual will
work alongside Salesforce admins, architects, and product owners in the
creation and support of Salesforce based products to be used on campus. The
University is committed to train the successful candidate in becoming a
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
We care about our people - Benefits, perks and
- Health, vision, dental Insurance plans, domestic partner health plans, life insurance and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, retirement plans.
- 22 paid vacation days per year, 12 paid sick days per year, 10 holidays, University winter closure leaves between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day, 6 weeks paid parental leave.
- Qualified Tuition Reduction for employees and qualified family members.
- Health and wellness services.
- Employee discounts.
- Continuous learning environment and professional development opportunities. Access to 17,000 LinkedIn Learning courses library.
- And many more!!! Please visit talent.arizona.edu for more details.
All University employees are required to submit
documentation demonstrating they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a
condition of employment unless granted a religious or disability/medical
accommodation. New hires must submit their COVID-19 vaccine documentation or
accommodation request no later than one week after their hire date or by
December 8, 2021, whichever occurs later. To learn more about the employee
COVID-19 vaccine requirement, submitting vaccine documentation, and/or
requesting an accommodation, please visit
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop solutions in Salesforce
and related systems for business use cases.
- Utilize strong design and development
patterns and frameworks to ensure solutions are sound and meet
- Follow good practices and project
guidelines in all cases including the use of source code control,
automated testing and deployment approaches, test-case-based development,
and proper documentation practices.
- Contribute to the development team
by sharing knowledge, assisting others, and keeping up with the new trends
and best practices as they evolve in the industry.
- Identify and quickly escalate
potential issues with design, packaged software, client resources, or
anything else that impacts your ability to deliver according to
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field AND one year experience in a related field.
- Or, any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Skill in providing information technology related customer service to users having varying levels of technical expertise.
- Skill in writing technical documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical, inductive reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Skill in designing, installing, configuring and maintaining computer hardware, operating and application systems and utilities.
* Experience designing technology solutions using the Salesforce platform to utilize platform strengths.
* Experience with APEX and other object-oriented languages.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $48,786-$65,997
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional Document
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please upload an additional document with a list of at least three professional references (one should be at least prior supervisor).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.