Executive Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance
Montana State University - Billings
The Executive Assistant to the VCAF has the following areas of primary responsibilities:
- Manages and supervises all details necessary for the efficient operation of the VCAF’s office, including administrative, technical, communication, and fiscal responsibilities.
- First point of contact for all visitors, via phone and in person, and, providing requested information or routing calls to the appropriate individuals.
- Manages VCAF’s calendar.
- Works closely with VCAF on projects as needed by gathering and analyzing information as required and preparing professional presentations.
- Maintains particularly close working contact with the Office of the Chancellor, and the offices of the Vice Chancellors and other administrative offices at MSUB, the MSU Billings Foundation, as well as contact with the individuals from the Billings community.
- Responsible for accuracy and professionalism of all written and oral communication.
- Plans and coordinates special events and celebrations, hosted by the Office of the VCAF.
- Participates in the hiring, training, and supervision of other office support personnel including administrative support, as well as part-time administrative support, and any graduate assistants or work study students hired to work in the VCAF’s Office.
- Gathers background information, prepares, and submits MSUB items to the Office of the Chancellor for Board of Regents Agenda.
- Position has risk management responsibilities.
- Position has contract administration responsibilities.
- Position will have budget analyst responsibilities.
- In response to Board of Regents Policy and Procedures, sets calendar for solicitation and collection of necessary information, conducts research when necessary, compiles data, and prepares report for timely submission.
- Maintains adequate records and files, both paper and electronic.
- Manages all incoming correspondence for the VCAF’s office, routes documents for approval.
- Makes recommendations for computer equipment and software upgrades to meet changing needs of the office. Responsible for purchasing all supplies and materials.
- Maintains current status of databases essential to successful communication between the University and community members. * Will represent the VCAF as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration and 5 or more years in a higher level Administrative Associate or Office Manager position OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in computer use, including knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and calendaring; experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and other standard office software
- Effective supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Be self-motivated, detailed oriented and highly organized, with the ability to balance multiple tasks successfully.
- Ability to maintain close, collaborative working relationships with entire University community.
- Working knowledge of general office practices and procedures, including bookkeeping, filing practices, and telephone etiquette.
- Understanding of the mission, goals, structure, and function of the University, its colleges and departments.
- Knowledge of Billings community and region.
- Skilled in English grammar, punctuation, and document formatting.
- Skilled in dealing with diverse populations.
- Excellent accounting and budget management skills
- Ability to listen and respond with the respect and understanding and a willingness to seek solutions.
- Be able to work independently, manage time efficiently.
- Ability to maintain composure under stress.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to gather pertinent data and organize information in response to internal and external reporting requirements.
- Ability to project a willingness to assist and to create a warm, professional atmosphere in the office.
- Ability to plan events and coordinate projects relating plans to goals.
- Work with interruptions while completing tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to be flexible in various scenarios.