Accounts Receivable Clerk
Purpose: Responsible for billing student tuition, posting financial aid, and post transactions to general ledgers. Responsible for corresponding with parents, students, and other offices concerning all aspects of student accounts. Provide support to Senior Student Accounts Associate as needed.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare invoices each semester for third party tuition bills and monitor collection
- Process and evaluate daily reports updating tuition, miscellaneous billings, and financial aid, Update coding as needed for billing and/or financial aid
- Work with students and parents on payment arrangements
- Process refunds
- Process miscellaneous charges for student accounts in response to information from other university offices
- Establish accounts for Employer Reimbursement
- Answer Business Office phones and respond to general Business Office emails
- Process and upload student account statements on a bi-weekly basis and as needed
- Monitor and post tuition discounts
- Coordinate student health insurance billing with the International Office
- Assist with audit requests
- In absence of Senior Student Account Associate, maintain daily duties
- Support cashiering duties
Education/Experience: High school graduation or equivalent combination of education and experience. Associates degree or comparable work experience preferred. Three years prior account or related experience in a professional business environment required. Proficiency with various computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel required. Datatel experience preferred. The successful candidate will have a professional attitude and must have a strong customer service orientation. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, willing and able take initiative, and able to work both independently and with a team. Ability to exercise important human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with the University community. Desire to continue learning as the regulations change.
Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing as to work requirements, work in progress, and/ or work completion. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to listen and to relate with a variety of people both inside and outside the University community are required for this position. This position requires professionalism, competence and a positive demeanor in the performance of all duties. Ability to prioritize duties and be a self starter. Demonstrate trustworthiness in handling confidential, sensitive information.
Able to use math to add, subtract, multiply or divide and may work with fractions, decimals, or percentages.
Most work is basic to moderate complexity and requires some judgment depending on departmental needs. Able to follow instructions and directions requiring normal periods of concentration. May require the ability to decide on a course of action. Must be able to manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks. Attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through even with multiple interruptions are also important skills required for this position.
- Routine physical demands for an office environment.
- Frequent standing or walking.
- Sitting at a desk or in meetings for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 25lbs.
- Operate all computer equipment, copier, printer, telephone, calculator and facsimile machine.
Generally responsible for the safety of own work area, the area currently working in, and attention to safety displayed by direct reports.
Ohio Dominican University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, as we respect and seek to empower each individual and support the various cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.