Coordinator of Ed.D. Program, School of Education
The Coordinator of the Ed.D. Program, School of Education reports to the Director of the School of Education and is responsible for assisting in the planning, administration, and implementation of initiatives within the Ed.D. in Higher Education Program within the SOE. The Coordinator of the Ed.D. Program is responsible for managing and organizing all doctoral documents including: Dissertation Pre-Proposals, Dissertation Proposals, Dissertations, and all forms associated with obtaining an Ed.D. The Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Director of the Higher Education Program in working with applicants and current candidates; working with faculty in Dissertation Committees; acting as the liaison between the Director of the School of Education and the Chair of dissertation committees; maintaining an on-line repository of forms; working with enrollment services to ensure a smooth transfer of master degree credits so that degree audit is accurate; and organizing the Ed.D. in Higher Education Office. The Coordinator of the Ed.D. program will assist in outcomes-based assessment and the collection of data from surveys and instruments for assessment and program improvement. The Coordinator will also be responsible for overseeing student programming, including professional development sessions for students, orientation, and Ed.D. commencement events.
1. Master's degree in Higher Education or related field
2. Minimum of 3 years experience in higher education
3. Knowledge of assessment processes, student learning outcomes, and accountability issues
4. Strong background in collection and analysis of data
5. Strong organizational skills including use of on-line repositories like Microsoft OneDrive
6. Strong technology skills including Word, Excel, and Qualtrics
7. Strong interpersonal and oral and written communications skills, with the ability to interact effectively with faculty and students.
8. Ability to handle multiple priorities; excellent organizational skills.
9. Ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
10 . Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Campus: Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ