Administrative Support Assistant III, Student Affairs (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
Posting Number: req7725
Department: COM Phoenix Academic Affairs
Location: Greater Phoenix Area
Address: 435 E. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USA
The Office of Student Affairs at The University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix invites applicants to apply for a full-time career as the Administrative Assistant in a student services environment. Incumbent must be highly motivated, energetic, amiable, a self-starter, an excellent team player, works accurately with frequent interruptions, meet deadlines and maintain expected work volume. The Administrative Assistant interacts with a diverse population on a daily basis: students, faculty, staff and the general public requiring tact and ability to multi-task and prioritize projects. This position will coordinate and make independent decisions on a variety of administrative activities for the office.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix anchors
the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of the Sun.
The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary physicians,
scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive scholars. The
Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the University's priorities of engagement,
partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic and research
initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix.
benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and
disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU
tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state
retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our
innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the
University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here: https://talent.arizona.edu/.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides guidance and assistance as needed to students, faculty, and other staff on policies, practices and procedures.
- Works with different Student Affairs subunits to coordinate correspondence, assist with scheduling and support programming as needed.
- Coordinates complex processes and initiatives that require significant judgment such as grant proposals or faculty searches as needed.
- Builds Advising calendars to accommodate 80-120 students per class several times per year.
- Updates student profiles in applicable student information platforms (e.g. AdvisorTrac).
- Assists with scheduling, planning, printing, catering, room arrangements and other tasks relative to programming and advising.
- Prioritizes workload, meetings and appointments to meet work unit operations. Assists in coordination and implementation of multiple projects.
- Analyzes complex information. Layout out information in reports and documents in ways that enhances readability.
- Process procurement card documents for office expenditures in a timely manner.
- Monitor office supplies inventory.
- Manage mail distribution and shipping services for office.
- Often collaborates with Student Services Coordinator to complete tasks related to student and department events and services.
- Provides back-up support to the Senior Coordinator for Student Progression related to calendaring and correspondence for the Associate Dean of Student Affairs.
- Participates in meetings and conferences pertinent to area of responsibility.
- Prioritizes and arranges meetings, conferences and appointments for unit administrators; makes necessary travel reservations and itineraries; determines and prepares background materials needed.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
* Work experience with students or in a university environment.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $16.70 - $19.75 per hour, Depending on Experience
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.