Clinical Research Assistant (Multiple Positions) UPDATED
Posting Number: req7396
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N. Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsPlease Note: The number of openings has changed from 1 to 2. This position will be in the located in the Sleep and Circadian Research Lab of Dr. Sai Parthasarathy. The ideal candidate will assist with informed consenting, learn new protocols and collect questionnaires. They will also help perform anthropometric measurements, collect biological samples from human subjects (such as blood, urine or saliva) and assist with measurement of vital signs as part of research studies. Help oversee critical parts of new research projects such as complex data-collection and will work closely with the Investigators, study coordinator and other staff members. The ability to work flexible hours, shift work, and weekends is required. Able to work with and instruct student research assistants on their roles and responsibilities.
Must have ability to work flexible hours, and be available for shift work and weekends.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of written operating procedures and performs quality control checks to ensure procedures are followed.
- Retrieve subject blood samples and process them in the research lab.
- Take appropriate actions during subject emergencies.
- Comply with applicable regulations, guidelines and standards regarding safety and infection control matters.
- Maintain required credentials and certifications.
- Assist in the generating of accurate reports.
- Perform administrative functions such as assisting in procuring supplies and equipment.
- Create and manages databases for studies, which includes setting up database and associated data entry programs and retrieving data from database for purposes of analyses or data review.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
* Prior knowledge of sleep and circadian science based research. * Understanding of Polysomnography and the 10/20 set up method.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $13.56 - $18.00
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Contact Information for Candidates
Cynthia Campas | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please provide 3 professional references,
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.