Director of Development, Corporate Partners
Director of Development, Corporate Partners
Forté is changing the balance of power in the workplace. We open doors for women to reimagine what they can achieve in business—from launching first jobs to advancing to the C-suite. Our powerful alliance of talented women, influential companies, leading undergraduate and business schools, and pioneering donors empowers women to change their career trajectories, their earning power, and their lives. Through business education, role models, professional networks, and leadership training, Forté shows women how to build the credibility, skills, network, and confidence to thrive as leaders and change the status quo. More information about Forté can be found at http://www.fortefoundation.org.
As a leader in the Development team and part of the Forté leadership team, the Director of Development, Corporate Partners will design and implement strategies to increase corporate funding support through partnerships and additional revenue opportunities. Reporting to the Vice President, Development, the Director collaborates with and supervises the work of the two Associate Directors and the Development Coordinator. Corporate development efforts include the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of a robust corporate portfolio including active partners and prospects to achieve budgeted income.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Corporate Partner Prospects: Research and identify corporate partner prospects, including managing pipeline; create, implement, and measure identification, cultivation, and solicitation strategies to increase overall corporate partnerships and investment in sponsorship opportunities and additional Forté resources. Collaborate with the Development team on cross-department fundraising opportunities.
- Corporate Partner Relationship Management: Provide oversight and guidance to Associate Directors for corporate partner relationship management, including onboarding of new partners and on-going account management activities, such as partner roles and expectations, events, conference and special meeting activities, delivery of partner benefits, and Forté insights on impact, research and statistics. Facilitate, in partnership with Director, Academic Partners, communication forums for partners, including, among others, quarterly and annual Partner meetings and Partner Advisory Council.
- Corporate Partner Sponsorships and Renewals: Provide oversight and guidance to Associate Directors for consistent cultivation and solicitation of sponsorship opportunities and renewals for the corporate partner community. Develop and manage metrics for sponsorship opportunities and renewals.
- Corporate Partner Insights: Inspire a culture of consistent initiatives to gain insights into the corporate partner community, both at the industry/sector level, as well as for individual partners. Understand and promote within the team and Forté-wide how these insights translate into fundraising opportunities for the organization.
- Productivity: Prepare and manage monthly productivity reports identifying moves management outcomes, revenue status, forecast and collection activity, including establishing and monitoring individual and team metrics.
- Data Integrity: Responsible for timely entry of contacts, updates, and engagement into the CRM system to track the partner relationships and support in keeping all corporate data up-to-date.
Desired Skills and Characteristics
- Demonstrates energy and passion for the Forté vision to advance women into business leadership with a clear understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated success in generating funding from corporate sources or other relevant sales or business development experience.
- Excellent written and oral communicator with demonstrated ability to write persuasive and compelling emails, letters, proposals, presentations, and other written documents.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive virtual environment.
- Management experience including direct and indirect reports.
- Empathy, integrity, humor and a passion to succeed.
Required Education / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (MBA or related master’s degree preferred).
- 10-12 years of related work experience.
- A proven track record as a corporate relations development officer, sales or business development manager or comparable, transferable experiences.
- Experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion and/or campus recruiting/talent acquisition is a plus.
- Proficiency in productivity tools (MS Office, Google Workspace), digital literacy in various communication platforms (Zoom, etc.) and web-based search tools.
- Working knowledge of CRM solutions such as Blackbaud, Salesforce, etc.
- Working knowledge of sales management, lead generation, and sales prospecting tools.
- Commensurate with experience.
- 401(k) retirement plan with 5% matching available after 1 month of employment.
- Health, Dental, voluntary Vision, STD and Life insurance.
- Generous paid time off / holiday schedule.
- Job growth opportunities.
- Virtual work environment – home office.
Employees of Forté work independently from home offices. Each employee should have the capacity within their home to set up a work environment or office. Forté provides a computer, phone, office supplies, and internet stipend for all employees.
The ideal candidate will be based in the Northeast.