Residential Life Coordinator (524641)
Provides oversight to student residents within the residential hall complexes. Coordinates community and student development through student advisement and counseling, crisis intervention, programming, discipline and training. Interprets and implements housing policy, oversees residential hall experience, and maintains daily contact with students, faculty, and staff.
- Coordinates the daily operation of a residence hall complex, including a variety of functions, such as, student advisement, counseling, crisis intervention, programming, discipline, and the training and supervision of the Graduate Assistant and Resident Assistant staff.
- Accesses all housing records and files for current and previous residents including housing conduct records. May have access to other University records if necessary.
- Assists with departmental projects, departmental committees, and serves on University committees, as assigned.
- Interprets and implements housing policy to staff, students, and the community, as well as, recommending new policies and policy changes to the Director. Interprets Housing and University procedures and policies in their role as a University Conduct Hearing Administrator.
- Manages the day-to-day housing complex including the direction of all operations, staff, programs, and services.
- Maintains daily contact with students, faculty, and staff. Acts as primary reference for parental concerns or questions. Refers students of concern to the appropriate resources and follows up to provide support for student success.
- Manages an assigned budget. Serves as an University card user for departmental transactions. Adheres to University credit card policies and procedures. Makes purchases for the department using the University P-card.
- Responds to emergency situations and serves in the on-call duty rotation on evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed. Immediately notifies supervisor of all emergencies and unusual occurrences.
- Oversees the administrative procedures and personnel for the complex office operation, such as, check-ins and check outs, room transfers, control of keys, occupancy reports, etc.
- Serves as liaison to maintenance staff, reporting student and facility issues and following up to ensure issues are resolved.
- Oversees the residential hall experience and resident curriculum in their building. Supervises front desk operation and assists in the supervision of the mail room.
- Performs essential duties during any emergencies, such as hurricanes, storms and/or any other University emergency closing. Is expected to be available to report to work as needed during University emergency closings with appropriate notification by department administrator.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline and two (2) years of experience or a Master's degree.
Experience in Housing and Residential Life.
- Master's Degree in College Student Personnel.
- Previous experience with residential curriculum models.