Adjunct Research Faculty Member
Job Description:Saybrook University is seeking Adjunct ResearchFaculty Members to join its Department of Research and IRB to teach research courses and oversee student research.
Saybrook University is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff and student body and is recruiting passionate educators to support the university mission. Saybrook University seeks candidates with strong experience conducting and teaching research.
Under the direction of the Director of Research and the IRB, the Adjunct Research Faculty Member is responsible for providing excellent research instruction and mentoring of graduate students. Adjunct Research Faculty bring a unique perspective to the University due to their expertise in their specific field, as well as expertise with specific research methodologies. Ideal candidates have an understanding of diverse student learners and understand the unique humanistic style of instruction at Saybrook University. In addition, ideal candidates have 5 years of experience in research instruction and are active researchers.
Under the direction of the Director of Research and IRB, the Adjunct Research Faculty Member is responsible for:
- Teaching 1-2 graduate research courses per year, and/or serving on dissertation or thesis committees as a research methodologist;
- Participating in curriculum development, as needed;
- Advising graduate students;
- Managing the class syllabus to ensure instruction of identified course learning outcomes;
- Planning and creating lectures, learning materials and exercises, online discussions, and assignments;
- Grading of course work;
- Providing constructive feedback, guidance, and oversight of student research;
- Demonstrating professional development including innovations and changes within the field;
- Engaging in distance learning instruction;
- Exhibiting flexibility in teaching students from diverse backgrounds;
- Demonstrating strong computer competency;
- Engaging in collaborate activities with professional staff, faculty and students across the University;
- In addition, overseeing student research in several of the following areas:
- Action Research
- Auto Ethnographic Research
- Biomedical Research Models and Statistics
- Case Study
- Ethnographic and Cross Cultural
- Experimental Research
- Grounded Theory
- Heuristic Research
- Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis (IPA)
- Introductory Research Courses
- Library and Information Competency
- Narrative Research
- Nutrition and Research
- Overview of Qualitative Research
- Overview of Quantitative Research
- Research Statistics
- Systems Research
- Theoretical Research
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning required, ideally in the areas of research, psychology or integrative medicine, however strong candidates from other fields will be considered;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing and teaching graduate level research courses at the foundational level, advanced level, and mentoring students on dissertations;
- Knowledge and experience of online higher education and research/IRB administration best practices;
- Experience with Office 365, Learning Management Systems (Canvas experience preferred), and other software for research, IRB administration, and online teaching; and
- Clear communication and superior collaboration skills.
- Strong commitment to the goals and vision of Saybrook University;
- Committed to program and University growth;
- Committed to teaching, practice, and research (experience with online instruction is desirable);
- Able to offer online instruction regarding topics and skills within his/her areas of expertise;
- Active researcher with research publications;
- Experience teaching graduate level research courses;
- The ability to teach with real-world experience;
- Technologically skilled in communication, presentation, and online learning systems; and
- Passionate about academic fields and educational instruction.
Applications should include:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research History
- Statement of Teaching History
- Value Statement (Potential candidates will review Saybrook University's Mission and summarize how their individual values related to the goals of the University).
Please note: For the protection of faculty, staff, students and all who enter our facilities, Saybrook University has made the decision to require COVID-19 vaccination for all employees, unless granted medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment beginning January 31, 2022.
About Saybrook University:
Saybrook University was founded over 40 years ago by some of the greatest minds of the 20th century and continues to inspire a new generation of innovators. A non-profit regionally accredited university known for its commitment to humanistic studies and rigorous research, Saybrook University's academic model puts the student at the center of everything we do to provide a unique, transformational, learning experience. Saybrook offers advanced degrees in organizational systems, psychology, mind-body medicine, and counseling, all in flexible learning formats to help students continue to be active contributors to the fields they work in while they advance their education. Saybrook University is proud to be a diverse, inclusive community of creative, compassionate innovators dedicated to pursing new ways of thinking and doing for our professions, organizations, and communities.
For more information, visit www.saybrook.edu.Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events. Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.