Audio-Visual Project Coordinator - Alumni Association
The Alumni Association at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Project Coordinator.Reporting to the General Manager, the position involves two areas of focus: managing and executing audiovisual operations for events produced in the Erickson Alumni Center, and acting as the information technology representative for employees and clients within for the Erickson Alumni Center and the Alumni Association.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Planand manageaudio visual support for events in the Erickson Alumni Center. Oversees information technology-related needs for building employees. Serveas a resource for the General Manager, Dining Services staff, Alumni Association Staff, Facilities staff and clients in the planning and execution of events requiring the use of audiovisual equipment. The position has frequent public contact and is responsible for resolving the technical needs of customers.
- Proficiency with the use of all audiovisual equipment in the Erickson Alumni Center.
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks and printers within the Erickson Alumni Center.
- Monitor, patch, maintain, and diagnose computer systems and networks.
- Actas an administrator of Erickson Alumni Center computer operating systems and third-party software used by building tenants.
- Set up accounts for new users.
- Test new technology when it becomes available at the Erickson Alumni Center and establishing protocols for standard use.
- Maintain a collection of technical equipment including cameras and speakers to utilize in daily building operations and / or client rentals.
- Develop procedures for appropriate use of equipment.
- Maintain documentation on the operations and maintenance of equipment and systems within the Erickson Alumni Center.
- Provide advice related to the use of available equipment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot equipment issues when they arise.
- Perform minor equipment repairs as needed on a regular basis.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external vendors for technology acquisition, renovation, troubleshooting and major repairs.
- Interface and maintain relationships with Erickson Alumni Center clientele including WVU President, Board of Governors, Alumni Board of Directors, WVU senior administrators, elected officials, donors, alumni, students and senior leaders of large corporations.
- Consult with clients prior to, during and after events to discuss technology needs and execute audiovisual support.
- Provide direct client support with their use of audiovisual equipment during events.
- Coordinate with the General Manager, Facilities and Dining Services staff to plan, set up and tear down technical equipment.
- Coordinate with the General Manager and Facilities to ensure appropriate inventory and security of technical equipment.
- Coordinate billing for audiovisual services with the General Manager.
- Work with the WVU Office of Institutional Technology, Student Life Information Technology and other applicable WVU offices to guarantee successful operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of assigned equipment and systems.
- Develop and implement Alumni Association, Dining Services and Facilities staff training for equipment set up, tear down and use.
- Develop customer service standards related to audiovisual equipment client support.
- Act as a point person within the Erickson Alumni Center to diagnose, escalate, and troubleshoot more severe tech issues with the help of WVUInformation Technology Services and / or other relevant groups on campus.
- Recommendthe upgrade of audiovisual equipment to Alumni Association management in accordance with use and available funding.
- Research, recommend and order audiovisual equipment upgrades for the Erickson Alumni Center in accordance with use and available funding.
- Hire, train, schedule, supervise and appraise student employees.
- Coordinate with the Assistant Director-Facilities to ensure audiovisual coverage at all events held in the Erickson Alumni Center and immediately adjacent areas.
- The position will work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of Erickson Alumni Center clients.
- Attend daily staff meetings to offer input on audiovisual needs for upcoming events.
- Attend weekly staff meetings to give updates on long term audiovisual goals, projects and issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager or President and CEO.
Pay Grade: 14
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One (1) yearof directly related technical and personnel management experience. Experience in a hotel or conference center environment is preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work with the public under less than ideal circumstances.
- Ability to work with diverse audiences.
- Ability to provide aggressive, rapid and creative approaches to problem identification, resolution and prevention.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of audiovisual equipment.
- Knowledge of all aspects of audiovisual production including presentation software (ex. PowerPoint, Prezi, Canva, etc.), laptop computers (PC and Mac), projection, wireless and hard wired microphone systems, mixing, switching, lighting, staging and IT.
- Ability to learn and operate Crestron and/or other integrated audiovisual control systems.
- Willingness and ability to learn about audiovisual equipment and software and to engage in continuous learning to keep up with a rapidly emerging field.
- Knowledge of electronics with the ability to troubleshoot faults and diagnose equipment and software failures.
- Computer literacy adequate for basic operation including an understanding of word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, database and similar software.
- Ability to read and understand technical material.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate logistics.
- Ability to accurately keep records.
- Ability to write reports following events, make recommendations and suggest action items.
- Ability to work independently, exercising appropriate judgement.
- Ability to supervise subordinates.
- Ability to learn and apply association, institution, state and federal policies, statutes and regulations that impact the position.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as directed.
- Ability to be on call and available as needed.
- Ability to pick up and move audiovisual equipment, typically in the 50-75 lb. range.
- Ability to operate an automobile.
- Must have a clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Valid driver's License.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Nov 19, 2021
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes