Assistant Director of Academic Services
Bellarmine University is a dynamic, growing university with a strong liberal arts focus in the Catholic higher education tradition and a bold vision for the future. Bellarmine has undergraduate and graduate enrollment of nearly 3,500 students and continues to add new academic programs while maintaining small class sizes and personal attention to students. Bellarmine is listed in The Princeton Review's Best 385 Colleges, is one of the top 20 Southern regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's 2019 college rankings and is a top university in Forbes' list of America's best colleges. In a survey by The Princeton Review, students praised Bellarmine as a place that is "welcoming to every single person and makes an effort to include everyone." Bellarmine students, faculty and staff engage in more than 25,000 cumulative hours of service each year, in Louisville and around the nation and world. Beginning in Fall 2020, Bellarmine's 22 athletic teams will compete in NCAA Division I, through an invitation from the ASUN Conference.
Bellarmine is located on a scenic 145-acre campus in the Highlands neighborhood and 46+ acres off-campus in Louisville, KY, which Forbes recently recognized as a "Top 15 City" for affordable living and National Geographic calls one of the "Best Small Cities in the U.S." Louisville is within a day's drive of two-thirds of the U.S. population.
Bellarmine is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Bellarmine is committed to core values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Bellarmine will demonstrate a fully realized and lived commitment to equity and inclusion, empowering all members of its increasingly diverse community and supporting them to achieve their full potential.
The Assistant Director of Academic Services assists in the delivery of academic services designed to support student success. This position will support the Assistant Dean of Academic Services in managing the daily responsibilities of the Tutoring Center and peer-coaching program.
- Recruit, train and supervise peer tutors and coaches.
- Collaborate with campus departments and faculty to support student engagement, retention, and success efforts.
- Develop outreach, orientations, and marketing materials to promote academic services.
- Provide academic success coaching as needed to students.
- Implement workshops centering academic skill development (i.e. goal setting, time management, study skills).
- Coordinate tutor schedules and course offerings.
- Maintain tutoring scheduling system and visit data.
- Monitor tutoring center and peer coach program budgets.
- Perform special projects and related responsibilities as assigned.
- Master's degree in education, higher education or related field.
- Two years of experience working in higher education.
- Knowledge of student development strategies and high-impact practices.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse campus population, including those with different levels of academic preparation and varying physical and learning abilities, and socioeconomic levels.
- Strong administrative, logistical, interpersonal, and public speaking skills.
- Experience working directly in the areas of tutoring and/or academic coaching.
- Student supervisory experience.
This is a regular, full-time position with the normal office hours of 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. However, this position sometimes works extra hours to complete important tasks. The number of months worked per year is 12.
Bellarmine University is committed to core values of diversity, equity and inclusion and embraces diversity in our workforce among members of faculty, staff and administration. We remain committed to affirmative actions, policies, procedures and attitudes necessary to continue to build and retain a diverse and equitable workforce. We will demonstrate a fully realized and lived commitment to equity and inclusion, empowering all members of our increasingly diverse community and supporting them to achieve their full potential. As part of Bellarmine's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, we will seek to ensure that all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, job assignment, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, layoff and termination processes remain free of discrimination based upon race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references as well as complete the online application by clicking on the appropriate link in this posting. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Bellarmine University requires COVID-19 vaccination for all students, faculty and staff. Individuals may request exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information may be found at https://www.bellarmine.edu/welcome-back/