Program Evaluator and Data Analyst, Educator Preparation
National Louis University
National Louis University’s Undergraduate College has set the ambitious goal of becoming a local and national leader in driving equity in bachelor’s degree attainment and employment. Through an innovative, affordable, rigorous, flexible, supportive, and professionally focused approach to undergraduate education, NLU seeks to help thousands of students – many of whom face significant barriers to completing college – get to and through college and move on to successful careers and fulfilling lives. Aligned to this mission and fueled by a recently awarded Developing Hispanic Serving Institutions (DHSI) grant, we are launching a new initiative in our Undergraduate Educator Preparation Programs to increase Hispanic participation and success in our teacher preparation programs through building robust student-centered practicum placements, academic supports, and networks.
A critical aspect of ensuring student and program success is a relentlessly data-driven approach to planning, execution, and continuous improvement in all aspects of the educational experience. This role is funded through a 5-year Developing Hispanic Serving Institutions (DHSI) grant, which aims to address barriers for students to complete their teaching degree and obtain licensure through: 1) providing education students with community-based internship experiences through partner Districts with teacher shortages; 2) developing a postsecondary STEM credential for teachers; and 3) supporting students through their college experience by building robust academic and supports and financial literacy knowledge in order to increase retention.
The Program Evaluator and Analyst will monitor, report, and connect data to program implementation strategies. Responsibilities include supporting project leadership in developing systems of shared data with K12 partners; coordinating internal data on project implementation and impact, and preparing and sharing regular internal reviews of educator preparation data.
- Develop data collection mechanisms, including surveys, focus groups, and other instruments to effectively track the implementation and impact of strategies and practices for each grant activity/objective.
- Conduct strategic analysis and develop data visualizations based on analysis and interpretation of data using SQL, PowerBI, Excel or other University systems.
- Manage assessments, in collaboration with the Office of Field Experience, to measure student knowledge, skills and dispositions within their practica.
- Ensure accurate compliance reporting for quarterly and annual grant reports, as well as accreditation reporting for undergraduate teacher preparation programs.
- Create and publish reports to be disseminated and presented to key university units, stakeholders, and community members on grant outcomes and graduate student outcomes.
- Additional duties as assigned by the DHSI Project Director or Director of Undergraduate Analytics.
Essential Skills/ Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Education, Statistics, Social Work, Public Policy, Business, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience manipulating large data sets with analytical software and/or coding languages (R, SQL, SAS, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience working with data visualization/analytical software (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- 3+ years of professional experience with increasing levels of responsibility; successful track record requiring experience in data analysis, relationship management, and consultative skills.
- 3+ years of experience working in education or youth services with increased responsibility.