FACULTY - RISK & INSURANCE MANAGEMENT - COLANGELO COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the Colangelo College of Business. At the cornerstone of every degree earned at the Colangelo College of Business is an education that develops values driven business leaders. The college features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
As a full-time Faculty member, you'll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we'd like to hear from you.
The Colangelo College of Business at Grand Canyon University is seeking a full-time faculty member for Risk & Insurance Management (open to all ranks). The position provides instruction that incorporates practitioner knowledge of risk/insurance/finance from the sales, production, underwriting, claims, and enterprise perspective. Expectation is to teach in an applied and engaging manner the fundamentals of risk/insurance to undergraduate students to motivate them for a career in the industry. Also, it is expected to promote a business mindset for today's changing world, as well as help with the integration of faith and celebrate free market capitalism.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 9-month faculty position and will have an anticipated start date of August 2022.
- Lead the BS in Risk Management program.
- Help integrate and embed industry certifications in the curriculum.
- Lead the CCOB Risk and Insurance Advisory Board.
- Fundraising efforts for student scholarships and career-oriented events.
- Develops and supports business relationships and corporate sponsorships related to the field of risk and insurance for networking opportunities for students; create student hiring pathways with industry.
- Prepares and delivers engaging content/activities to undergraduate and graduate students within the prescribed curriculum.
- Stimulates class discussions and facilitates learning in the on-ground or online classroom (multi-modality approach).
- Assesses student performance in accordance with University Assessment Practices.
- Remains current in the field of risk/insurance management and effective teaching techniques.
- Maintains four course teaching load each semester.
- Participates in faculty and Colangelo College of Business meetings and College/University committee activities.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Dean, Colangelo College of Business, centered on teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Supports the Christian integrity of the GCU mission and educational learning outcomes.
Education and Experience:
- PhD or DBA in Finance, Risk, or Insurance; or related business discipline; or MBA/Finance and/or Risk graduate degree.
- Post-secondary experience teaching finance courses.
- Significant (5+ years desired), documented, industry experience in enterprise risk management, insurance, corporate finance, investments, or banking is required along with industry certifications.
- Ability and experience teaching across disciplines (e.g. economics, finance, accounting, etc.) is a plus.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you're looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner's site at jobs.gce.com for more information.