Admissions Representative (22050)
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: $65,000.00
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Education
New York Film Academy, South Beach, FL
New York Film Academy is committed to an inclusive work culture where people's thoughts, ideas, concerns, and cultures are valued and respected. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds and those sharing in our commitment to inclusivity.
NYFA is a vaccine-mandated campus. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment.
Under the general supervision from the Director of Admissions South Beach (SB) Campus, the New York Film Academy (NYFA) Admissions Representative is responsible for recruiting applicants for admissions to the institution, in accordance with State laws and accreditation regulations and consistent with the highest ethical standards. The Admissions Representative is also familiar with all aspects of the admissions process and will need to be able to discuss, in general, topics such as program requirements, policies, and other admissions questions. The Admissions Representative regularly conducts interviews and auditions to determine the prospective students eligibility; and serve as an advocate for current students.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The day-to-day duties required of this position may vary.
- Reach out to prospective students via phone, email, and text through Admissions process
- Meet and interview prospective students
- Educate prospective students on the enrollment process
- Meet departmental goals for booked appointments, interviews performed and overall performance
- Initiate the admissions process for all prospective students upon the first contact
- Conducting interviews with walk-in students
- Answer prospective students questions
- A tour of the campus and discussion of top selling points for the program of interest
- Discussions of the students goals, recommendations regarding programs of interest, and general career counseling
- Facilitate the enrollment process for a student once interested in attending school
- Introduce students to financial aid representative to secure financing for prospective student (i.e. federal financial aid)
- Set up the date and time of the first day of school, prepare the student for orientation,, and make sure paperwork is completely filed out
- CRM management: look through and update database daily
- Outgoing calls or emails, daily following up with potential students and continuing relationships with rehab counselors and agency case managers
- Follow-up with students and refocus on progress through goal setting. Work closely with the staff communicating student progress
- Develop and maintain knowledge of our industry, programs, and policies
- Working weekends and shifts that could range between the hours of 8 am until 8 pm
- Attending open houses (mandatory)
- Additional job duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions and senior management.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to meet and serve the public, both in person and by telephone, tactfully and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with prospective students & parents.
- Strong organizational abilities, verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail required.
- Must be able to deal effectively and diplomatically with various constituencies, treating all colleagues and clients in accordance with NYFA principles of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Must demonstrate reliability, versatility, flexibility, and work independently with minimum supervision.
- Understand written procedures, write routine documents, and speak clearly; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent skills in database management and record keeping.
- Perform basic math.
- Ability to work well in a team atmosphere.
- Must be flexible with ability to work nights and weekends
- Ethical / Honest - evidence of the practice of a high level confidentiality.
- Service and Action oriented does what it takes to meet the expectations of customers.
- Collaborative enlists information from all sources to ensure the best solution to an issue.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelors Degree. Experience may substitute for required education up to four (4) years.
- One (1) year or more experience in admissions recruitment or customer service office setting.
- One (1) year or more of sales experience.
- Experience working in a higher education or college setting.
- Experience working in a fast pace, multi-tasking, results drive environment with attention to detail.
- Valid passport & drivers license required.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint
The New York Film Academy was founded in 1992 on the belief that a top-quality education in filmmaking should be accessible to anyone with the drive and ambition to make films. The school opened at Robert De Niro's Tribeca Film Center in New York City and has expanded worldwide to include campuses in New York; Los Angeles; Miami; and Gold Coast, Australia.
The mission of the New York Film Academy is to educate students interested in the field of visual storytelling. NYFA courses have been designed to increase students' creativity and technical expertise through an intense regimen of hands-on and classroom instruction. The Academy's goal is to enrich its students as visual storytellers by helping them realize their personal artistic visions. NYFA's expectations center on the growth of each student as a creative individual. NYFA is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
New York Film Academy ("NYFA") is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.