Human Resources & Recruiting Coordinator
Founded in 1780, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences is one of the nation’s oldest and most prominent honorary societies and independent policy research centers. The American Academy seeks a Human Resources and Recruiting Coordinator (HRRC) to coordinate full-cycle recruitment and onboarding, employee engagement, and special projects for the Human Resources Department. The HRRC also provides daily administration for the Human Resources department, provides general office support, and may work on special projects for other departments.
The Academy is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and looks to all its staff members to foster and promote its values. The HRRC will incorporate these values into their work to help develop an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all Academy staff. The Human Resources and Recruiting Coordinator will play a key role in ensuring that all Academy staff, and by extension, the Academy, can meet its strategic goals and deliver excellent service to the Fellows and general public.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will operate remotely through January 1, 2022, after which the position will be a hybrid role with at least three days a week at the House of the Academy in Cambridge, MA.
- Coordinate the full recruitment cycle for employees including advertising open positions, sourcing a diverse candidate pool, conducting screening interviews and scheduling follow-up interviews.
- Assist with developing a diverse workforce by seeking out new avenues for recruitment and helping to develop processes to ensure a fair and inclusive recruitment cycle.
- Lead employee engagement and wellness activities including creating a weekly internal newsletter, planning internal social events and providing timely resources and information.
- Assist with employee professional development, including researching training opportunities for staff and coordinating or conducting training workshops
- Support the work of the Academy’s Diversity & Inclusion Council, especially as it relates to recruiting and employee engagement.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for the Human Resources department, including maintaining HR files and documentation, assisting with benefits enrollment, and answering frequently asked questions from applicants and employees.
General Office Support
- As needed, and based on availability, provide administrative and project support to other departments, including Finance, Membership Information & Elections, the Chief Operating Officer, and Information Technology.
- Process supply orders for employees and assist with distribution of materials.
- Assist with processing mail and packages, provide reception coverage, and ensure the office and supply rooms are stocked and kept in an orderly fashion (once the office has re-opened).
- Provide occasional logistical support for on-site events, including the annual Induction ceremony.
- Associate’s degree plus 3years’ experience working in an office environment with at least 1 year experience working in human resources or similar area.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, with an emphasis on time management and the ability to plan, organize and implement various activities.
- Commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher) and internet searches.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 40 lbs, climb stairs, and operate a handcart
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate:
- Very high attention to detail; creativity, curiosity, and problem-solving skills; initiative and follow-through on projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to proofread and edit.
- Ability to learn quickly, prioritize, and work accurately and proactively with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility. Strong customer service background.
- Understanding of how to deal properly with confidential or sensitive information.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Posting range: $50K - $58K, commensurate with experience, plus full benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation, 403(b) plan, and more.
Location classification: Hybrid, in the office at least three days per week with more days as needed based on need. Schedule to be determined.