Internal Control Officer
This is a full-time position that will report to the campus Risk & Compliance Manager within the Division of Administration and Finance. The Internal Control Officer and Compliance Coordinator will be primarily responsible for the proper and timely completion of internal control reviews, trainings, and reports in accordance with the state internal control program requirements as outlined in the New York State Division of the Budget Policy and Reporting Manual document B-350, the internal control requirements of the Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) and SUNY internal audit policies and procedures. This position also serves as the Records Management Officer and Compliance Coordinator. Other duties will be assigned as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement, maintain, and update the campus Internal Control Program (ICP).
- Examine and evaluate practices, policies, and procedures to identify process improvements and recommendations on their implementation.
- Conduct Internal Control Reviews - interview departmental staff, assess current policies and procedures, examine financial reports, data, and records to ensure proper internal controls are in place. The Internal Control Officer will provide a detailed report after each review that includes recommendations to help strengthen the internal controls within the department.
- Monitor the implementation and effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Provide new hire, line staff, managerial, and executive leadership trainings.
- Encourage a strong control environment committed to ethical values and integrity.
- Assist with Risk Assessments.
- Complete Department of Budget and OSC Advisory 28 Internal Control certifications.
- Provide training for and serve as a liaison to departmental Records Coordinators.
- Collect certificates of destruction and coordinate destruction of records if necessary.
- Manage the Internal Control and Records Management web pages.
The college particularly welcomes candidates with knowledge, skills and abilities that include:
- Commitment to diversity and university initiatives supportive of diversity and inclusion.
- Interest in participating in student-centered service activities.
- Desire to apply expertise in promoting civic engagement with the College's many community partners.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least two years of experience in a related field
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Candidate must be highly organized, efficient, detail-oriented and able to multi-task
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working in Higher Education
- Degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field
This is a full-time UUP position.
- For the first 10 working days, beginning Tuesday, October 12, 2021 and ending Monday, October 25, 2021, applications will be limited to UUP Farmingdale.
- CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: Thursday, November 25, 2021
- Salary: $70,000/year
- ANTICIPATED START DATE: 12/1/2021
The State University of New York offers excellent fringe benefits including health insurance options and retirement plans
VISA SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
The Consumer Information web page can be viewed at the following link
This page describes various services, information and statistics on many different aspects of the College's operations.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Interested candidates may apply and submit the required documents listed below by clicking on the "Apply Now" link at the bottom of this page. We require the following documents:
Only applications submitted online will be considered, no phone calls please.