Clinical Research Assistant (Part Time)
Posting Number: req7307
Department: Asthma/Airway Disease Rsch Ctr
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe Asthma & Airway Disease Research Center (A2DRC) Research Support Team is an important component of A2DRC operations and is organized to provide in-house support for clinical and epidemiological studies. The CRA position will provide dedicated support for ongoing and new respiratory clinical research. The CRA will provide pre-award and post-award services related to clinical trial contract initiation, protocol review and activation, regulatory management and study closeout. The CRA will have regular contact with the University of Arizona departments, investigators, clinical research staff, clinical trials sponsors, and administrative staff. The successful candidate will exemplify our team values of integrity, collaboration and reliability.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with Clinical Research Coordinators and Principal Investigators to learn the full scope of clinical research duties including regulatory controls, study procedures, and data management.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation, reports, graphs, and other materials, keeping appropriate logs, tracking participants, filing, and preparing study materials.
- Perform a variety of tasks, such as recruitment and screening of prospective research participants; obtaining informed consent from study participants; collecting, entering, and analyzing subject data; and compiling reports.
- Process, prepare, and ship laboratory specimens.
- Assist in study Monitoring visits including the following tasks: Prepare monitoring room prior to visit with study materials, escort monitor to other areas, provide requested documents to monitor throughout the visit.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning
attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
*Bachelor's degree in related field.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 20
Job FTE: .50
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $13.56 - $18.33
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Raymond Skeps | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.