Clinical Research Coordinator I (Multiple Positions)
Posting Number: req7330
Department: All of Us Research Program
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsUniversity of Arizona Health Sciences (UAHS) is seeking Clinical Research Coordinators to support a federally funded 5-year joint effort, the All of Us Research Program at the University of Arizona and Banner Health. The All of Us Research Program is a national effort supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) that aims to build the largest and most diverse database of health information of its kind that researchers can use to study health and illness. The All of Us Research Program at the University of Arizona and Banner Health will contribute significantly to the development of this database by engaging 100,000 or more participants in our region.
As a Clinical Research Coordinator for All of Us, you will drive participant recruitment by engaging with individuals in various clinical environments, presenting an overview of program mission and goals, and independently conducting eligibility screening and informed consent procedures. You will be responsible for ensuring participants understand what is expected of them and addressing any questions or concerns they may have, requiring excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
In addition to participant recruitment, Clinical Research Coordinators are responsible for accurate collection and timely entry of data into various program platforms, collection and processing of biospecimens, scheduling and follow-up communication with participants, and overall compliance with program procedures. You will work closely with your supervisor, your co-workers and clinical team(s) at your assigned site to coordinate and implement program recruitment, enrollment and retention procedures.
*This is a hospital-setting position located in one of our various Banner facilities in the Tucson area. For more information regarding Banner Health locations, please visit: https://www.allofusaz.org/
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interfaces with prospective program participants to support recruitment efforts, conduct pre-consent screening to determine eligibility.
- Execute the informed consent process according to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and UA procedures and other applicable rules, regulations and policies.
- Scheduling of prospective participants for research visits and procedures; communicating with existing participants to support retention and other program activities.
- Maintain current and accurate written & electronic records and files to support clinical research activities; enter data into various auditable databases or electronic data-capture systems.
- Ensures proper collection, processing, and handling of specimens.
- Assist with file organization, participant reminder calls, equipment maintenance, receipt reconciliation and financial processes, and other supportive tasks.
- May participate in centralized activities such as auditing, Standard Operating Procedure development, etc.
- May plan and coordinate strategies for increasing patient enrollment, and/or improving clinical research efficiency.
- May identify quality and performance improvement opportunities and collaborate with staff in the development of action plans to improve quality.
- Up to 1 year of relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills; able to build rapport with strangers and communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Must be willing to be trained in phlebotomy and biospecimen collection.
- Must be willing to work in a clinical setting.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $31,005 - $41,942
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 5
Contact Information for Candidates
Please send your inquiries to: email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.