Administrative Coordinator - Clinical and Translational Science Institute
The West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for an Administrative Coordinator. This position is responsible for supporting the full scope of the WV Clinical & Translational Science Institute (WVCTSI) core needs. The incumbent will coordinate and provide programmatic support for WVCTSI cores, financial processing support tasks, special projects as well as other high-level administrative duties. This position will work with all 8 WVCTSI cores, but will work particularly close with the community engagement, data, finance, and administrative teams.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Coordinate components of core activities with direction from core leadership. May include events, meetings, program development, constituent outreach, data tracking, etc.
- Providesupport to the WVCTSI team during the proposal development process.
- Providesupport to include calendar management, meeting planning and preparation for staff directors.
- Assistin the planning, coordination, and completion of special projects as appropriate.
- Coordinatethe planning of WVCTSI events (meetings, workshops and other functions); includes tracking guest lists, making space reservations, working with vendors to arrange the necessary logistics, managing a/v needs tracking materials, preparing meeting materials, and post-event follow up if needed.
- Workindependently drafting correspondence, memos, reports, and presentations as requested.
- Takedetailed minutes from assigned meetings, facilitatereview and dissemination of minutes to meeting participants.
- Preparerequisitions and makepurchases for WVCTSI and provideproper documentation for approval and processing, including those purchases for pilot award recipients and Research Scholars.
- Makeprocurement card purchases and completereconciliation through MyExpenses.
- Prepareand verifySupplier (Vendor) registration through Mountaineer Marketplace.
- Coordinatetravel and preparetravel settlement documents for staff members as needed.
- Createflyers and signage with direction from communications staff and program teams.
- Coordinate hosting special guests including members of the WVCTSI internal and external advisory committees, guest speakers, virtual events etc.
- Serve as the front desk staff; greet WVCTSI visitors to the office ensuring guests are connected with the appropriate staff while maintaining high standards of customer service.
- Manageconference room meeting space calendars; including prioritizing incoming requests, maximizing space and setting up audio/visual technology as appropriate.
- Provideaudio/visual assistance to WVCTSI team members and guests for meetings, presentations and special events.
- Providemaintenance and updates to WVCTSI membership database. Verifymembership as needed.
- Coordinateand overseethe day to day management of office supply inventory to include ordering supplies as needed.
- Maintainphysical key storage for WVCTSI spaces.
- Coordinateand overseemaintenance and repair requests.
- Assistin maintaining and updating electronic and hard copy filing systems.
- Openand reviewincoming mail to determine nature of correspondence and routeto appropriate person; coordinateall outgoing mail.
- Effectively organizeand prioritizeassignments to complete in a timely manner.
- Improveand maintainskills by participating in self-development activities such as seminars, workshops, and classes.
- Complywith state, federal, and WVU/WVU Research Corporation policies.
- Associate's degree OR an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience. Bachelor's degree in communications/public relations, public health, health promotion/health education or related field preferred.
- A minimum of three (3)years of experience performing high level administrative support ORaminimum of two (2) years of programmatic coordination experience.
- Preferred Experience:
- Program support experience in a higher education setting in the area of public health or biomedical sciences.
- Experience with standardized procurement software platforms.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn program protocol.
- Strong communication skills in interacting with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Skilled at creating correspondence, reports, proposals, mailings, charts, graphs, forms, presentations, and memorandum.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated skills with WVU Purchase Card (P-Card) software as well as P-Card processing business practices and institutional policies.
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures, practices, and protocol.
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices and principles
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer utilizing various word processing packages such as Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. for reports, graphs, mailings and presentation development.
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate many different administrative tasks, determine relative importance of each, set deadline, and complete projects in a timely manner.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and edit correspondence and reports.
- Ability to troubleshoot independently.
- Valid US driver's license
About Research Corporation
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. West Virginia University Research Corporation values diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2021
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes