Editor/Grant Writer - School of Medicine
The West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Editor/Grant Writer for the School of Medicine. This position will assistfaculty, fellows and residents to design research proposals, submit grant proposals and papers for publication in the peer-reviewed medical literature.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Provides bibliographic and editorial assistance with manuscripts resulting from departmental research.
- Formats manuscripts for submission by the corresponding author to appropriate journals for publication.
- Prepares print products by proofreading, copyediting and revising.
- Secures biostatistical and epidemiological assistance with manuscripts.
- Edits, creates and designs tables, figures and artwork for layout and final production of printed material.
- Secures copyright agreements.
- Assists faculty in preparing all necessary application forms for funding by external agencies and internal funders with correct institutional information, including consolidation of all required components of the proposal, review of the written text and verifying the correct formats.
- Ensures that deliverables conform with all WVU, state, and regulatory policies and guidelines.
- Attends regular meetings with departmental researchers and assigned departmental Research Coordinator to provide status updates on protocols, funding proposals, publications, and manuscripts under development
- Bachelor's in English, journalism or related degree OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- One (1) year of writing and editing experience, preferably in an academic research setting.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills in biological or medical research.
- Thorough knowledge of correct English, grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and prioritize a variety of tasks, and to complete same within established timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Valid driver's license
About Research Corporation
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. West Virginia University Research Corporation values diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2021
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes