Regional RADx Communities of Color Testing Coordinator - Clinical and Translational Science Institute
The West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Project Coorinator for theRegional RADx Communities of Color Testing Project. The purpose of this position is to coordinate the implementation (with multiple partners) of the NIH-funded initiative to increase availability and uptake of SARS CoV-2 testing among the medically underserved rural WV population. This position is responsible for day-to-day operations and works collaboratively with multiple stakeholders within Communities of Color. The Project Coordinator works under the general direction of the Project Director. Full-time responsibility for the development, and operation of the Communities of Color RADxteam.
The Project Coordinator will organize the project team regionally placed around WV to coordinate between the project team and each participating entity. These assistants will make arrangements to travel to sites within their designated regions and provide expanded testing strategies, through additional testing and staffing at clinical sites. These program assistants will also conduct SARS CoV-2 testing though use of mobile units, in partnership with the West Virginia National Guard.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Scheduleand linkRADx testing activities in Communities of Color.
- Coordinate and implement RADx Testing Initiative activities.
- Advise and train RADx communities of color staff.
- Provide SARS CoV-2 testing as needed in their region by assisting clinical teams, mobile units, and community testing events.
- Develop and maintain a 2-week testing forecast and site location plan.
- Attends all project meetings on behalf of the clinic partners involved.
- Leadstrategy for community awareness and education development, concerning all aspects of COVID-19 for people of color in North Central West Virginia.
- Cultivaterelationships with leadership in community of color and capitalizeon equity and partnership opportunities.
- Managethe travel and logistics for the testing team.
- Reportproject plans, progress, and ensurethat required project data are submitted.
- Workclosely and cooperatively with PIs, Director, leadership team and staff to develop principles for the effective provision and delivery of technical assistance and dissemination materials and ensure that methods are in line with determined project deliverables and grounded in research/evidence.
- Bachelor's degree in health sciences, social sciences, health communications, or a related field OR an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- A minimum of two(2) years ofexperience workingin a medical office, community outreach, and/or community/practice-based participatory research.
- Experience conducting SARS CoV-2 testing is preferred.
- High degree of creativity and self-motivation.
- Substantial ability to work both independently and cooperatively with others.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions.
- Ability to recognize when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Skilled at developing and managing relationships with diverse communities and individuals.
- Experience and skilled in standard office computing and computer software applications (e.g., Microsoft Office applications particularly including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Skilled in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Skilled in monitoring and assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements to take corrective action.
- Skilled at building and maintaining positive relationships with faculty, staff, and administrators involved in sponsored research.
- Skilled in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approachesto problems.
- Skills in, or knowledge of, professional principles, legal and/or reporting requirements affecting extramurally sponsored projects.
- Skilled at operating effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment andmeet deadlines.
- Skilled to prepare comprehensive reports and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Proficient in the latest Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Adobe conversions and other related applications.
- High-level oral and written communications skills necessary to explain complex guidelines to appropriate management staff, to justify recommendations, and to interact with regulatory agencies and auditors.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as program solicitations, form instructions, manuals, etc.
- Skilled in speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform simple calculations in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and other representations of data.
- Ability to understand and create spreadsheets.
- Proficient in basic understanding of research design(s) and descriptive and inferential statistics, in order to interpret andcommunicate findings of CTSI-related research.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to interpret peer-reviewed scholarly work based on significance and approach (theoretical andanalytical).
- Skilled at conducting literature reviews of existing scholarly work in areas related to the CEO mission and aims.
- Skilled at understanding and integrating the challenges and opportunities for conducting community and clinic-based research within/with community health centers.
- Ability to glean essential components of practice- and community-based research and "translating"/adapting them into community-friendly language.
- Able to identify deadlines and schedule work to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Letter of Interest
- Valid US driver's license
- Medical Monitoring -- This position may or may not require Medical Monitoring, including periodic health monitoring and/or training.
About Research Corporation
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. West Virginia University Research Corporation values diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2021
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes