Full-Time Dish Machine Operator S02 - Statler Hotel
Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
Cornell requires that all faculty and staff members, regardless of their work location, disclose their vaccination status, and provide proof of vaccination if vaccinated, immediately upon hire.The Statler Hotel:
Located in the heart of a vibrant Ivy League campus, the Statler Hotel is part of Cornell University's School of Hotel Administration and is the gateway to Cornell University for many visitors. Inspired by curiosity, the humble spirit of Upstate New York, and the scenic beauty of the Finger Lakes region, the Hotel has earned the dual distinction as the area's only AAA Four Diamond Award-winning property and the Ivy League's only "teaching hotel." With 153 rooms, the Statler Hotel is a full service property with a conference center, three restaurants and over 16,000 square feet of meeting and banquet facilities.
The School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University is the premier school for hospitality education in the world. As an integral part of the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, the school is leading the world in teaching and researching the business of hospitality-marketing, finance, real estate, operations, and more, all applied to the world's largest and most exciting industry. Top faculty, industry leaders, alumni, and students work together to generate new knowledge for the hospitality industry and form the premier network that shapes the industry every day.
Our Statler Family:
We are a team of hospitality professionals who proudly lead the premiere collegiate lifestyle hotel, welcoming the world to the cherished gathering place for those who love Cornell University. We challenge thinking, while connecting and cultivating people. Our actions are driven by a collective aspiration to build a culture of collaboration, celebration and excellence. Our mission is to provide uniquely crafted experiences through personalized connections that will inspire future leaders who will change the world of hospitality.
The Statler Hotel embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented identities to apply to our opportunities.
As a member of the Statler Hotel's Stewarding Team, the DMO is responsible for:
- Operate both flight dish machine and pot washer to maintain the cleanliness of pots, pans, china, glasses, silver, and any other kitchen and food storage containers.
- Maintain cleanliness of steam kettles, tilt skillets, and various other cooking equipment
- Setting up and breaking down of all dish machines areas
- Cleaning dish machines when required during service and at a minimum of at least once per service
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the floors in the kitchen, surrounding hallways, storage rooms, and other assigned spaces. Mopping and sweeping at least once per service or as needed or when directed to by a supervisor
- Maintaining the breakroom: Setting up before family meal, breaking down after family meal, sweeping and mopping floors and wiping down tables as needed or when directed to by a supervisor.
- Clearing of trash and recyclables as needed, periodically checking throughout the day and disposing of in proper locations, utilizing the compactor as needed
- Assist with bussing and breaking down of lunch and breakfast buffets, cleaning buffet areas as needed
- Supporting other team members when able
- Maintain efficient time management and productivity during slow periods throughout the shift, taking on deep cleaning projects as needed
- Maintaining a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Reporting to the Sous Chef/Manager during close of shift.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; culinary degree preferred
- 1-2 years of work experience
- Understanding of how to operate dish machines and ware washing
- Ability to perform tasks with accuracy, speed, and attention to detail
- Ability to read and follow directions
- Ability to remain calm in a fast-paced environment
- Must be organized and self-motivated
- Must be able to stand, bend, stretch, and lift, and carry heavy materials
- Previous experience working in restaurants and or hotels
- Previous experience working as a dish washer
Cornell Employee Benefits:
This position is eligible for benefits. Cornell has been nationally recognized as an award-winning workplace for our health, wellbeing, sustainability and diversity initiatives. Cornell's key benefits include:
- Health Care - Several plan options for medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision care coverage.
- Generous Paid Time Off & Leave Provisions
- Retirement Plans - Statler Hotel Employees Eligible for 403(b) plan.
- Education - Options include the Employee Degree Program, taking classes to enrich your career skills, New York's 529 College Savings Program, and Cornell Children's Tuition Scholarship.
To explore the full range of Cornell Employee Benefits further follow the link: Cornell Benefits.
Please make sure to include your resume and cover letter when you apply.
University Job Title:Dish Machine Operator S02
Job Family:United Auto Workers
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Contact Name:Richard Kuhar
Number of Openings:0
Job Titles and Pay Ranges:
To learn more about Cornell's non-union staff job titles and pay ranges, see Career Navigator. The final rate of pay for the successful candidate will be determined considering the following criteria:
Prior relevant work or industry experience.
Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
Unique applicable skills.
If you currently work at Cornell University, please exit this website and log in to Workday using your Net ID and password. Select the Career icon on your Home dashboard to view jobs at Cornell.
Online Submission Guidelines:
Most positions at Cornell will require you to apply online and submit both a resume/CV and cover letter. You can upload documents either by "dragging and dropping" them into the dropbox or by using the "upload" icon on the application page. For more detailed instructions on how to apply to a job at Cornell, visit How We Hire on the HR website.
If you require an accommodation for a disability in order to complete an employment application or to participate in the recruiting process, you are encouraged to contact Cornell University's Department of Inclusion and Workforce Diversity at voice (607) 255-3976, fax (607) 255-7481, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions about the position or the application process, please contact the Recruiter listed in the job posting.
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
Notice to Applicants:
Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement by clicking here. This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We also recognize a lawful preference in employment practices for Native Americans living on or near Indian reservations. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.2021-10-11-07:00