This truly transdisciplinary NRT focuses on Convergence at the Interfaces of Policy, Data Science, and Environmental Science to Combat the Spread of Antibiotic Resistance (CIP-CAR). PhD trainees completing the program will be required to earn the STEP graduate certificate, complete a transdisciplinary dissertation chapter, complete a field project, and attend twice annual workshops to build professional skills. The trainees will engage in transdisciplinary training to prepare them as leaders in solving public health challenges. The Program Coordinator will play a vital role in providing administrative support in launching and developing this program. The CIP-CAR NRT currently consists of 10 core faculty and is projected to serve thirty graduate student trainees over the next 5 years. In addition to partnership with the STEP program, the NRT partners with several Interdisciplinary Graduate Education Programs (IGEPs) across campus and will be housed primarily in VT's Fralin Life Sciences Institute.
The Program Coordinator will provide administrative support to meet the diverse programmatic, communications, event management, and student recruiting needs of the NRT, working directly with the affiliated STEP and IGEP graduate student training programs. The NRT Program Coordinator will work closely with the Principal Investigator of the CIP-CAR NRT and other core program faculty, as well as Fralin communications, graphic design, fiscal, and grants staff, to assist with all aspects of the graduate training program. The coordinator will interact with students to serve as the point of contact for answering NRT and STEP-related questions. Some periodic overnight domestic travel for annual NRT meeting and recruitment purposes will be a responsibility for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, communications, marketing, science, or equivalent training and experience
- Experience with scientific communication or related communications focus
- Experience providing administrative support in an academic or professional office environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Ability to interact with and foster positive interactions between diverse external and internal stakeholders
- Experience in event planning
- Proficiency using software for marketing and communications, multimedia and video, website design and maintenance such as CMS (Ensemble)
- Demonstrated proficiency with tools such as Microsoft Office Suite; Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Flickr)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with purchasing and invoicing and expenditure tracking
- Ability to travel overnight periodically
- Experience with administrative and/or fiscal tools
- Experience supporting an interdisciplinary educational program
Commensurate with experience
October 26, 2021
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check as well as documentation ofCOVID-19 vaccinationor receive approval from the university for a vaccination exemption due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Erin Cassidyat firstname.lastname@example.org regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.