Pep Band Conductor
Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) invites application for a part-time conductor/director to lead our Pep Band.
Essential Job Functions
- Select appropriate repertoire for the ensemble.
- Lead students in weekly rehearsals (10 rehearsals per quarter).
- Attend an onboarding meeting.
- Prepare the band and play for basketball and hockey game seasons. The number of games can be negotiated with the instructor depending on her/his availability.
- Collect attendance at each rehearsal and return to the Coordinator of Music Programs at the end of the week during planning time given.
- Communicate resources needed to the Coordinator of Music Programs; ie sheet music, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the Coordinator of Music Programs in order to provide students with the highest level of educational and artistic experiences and design appropriate student-centered curriculum and repertoire.
Music Programs at MSOE
The Music Programs at MSOE provides students with the highest quality of performance opportunities in an inclusive and positive atmosphere. Students can earn Humanities credit for participation in one of four concert ensembles. Students enroll in HU4800-Music Performance. However, students may participate in performance ensembles regardless of enrollment in HU4800-Music Performance. Per quarter, students enrolled in HU4800-Music Performance can only receive credit for participation in one performance ensemble but may simultaneously participate in different ensembles for credit and non-credit. Ensembles include Concert Choir, Concert Band, String Orchestra, Jazz Ensemble, and Pep Band.
An institution that offers degrees in engineering, business, nursing, and user experience, MSOE is located on the beautiful east side of downtown Milwaukee, just blocks from Lake Michigan and within easy walking distance of the city's highly acclaimed fine arts and entertainment venues. The institution serves approximately 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The mission of MSOE is to be the university of choice for those seeking an inclusive community of experiential learners driven to solve the complex challenges of today and tomorrow. The MSOE community is guided by six values - collaboration, excellence, inclusion, innovation, integrity, and stewardship - that represent the core of our campus culture.
Come join our dynamic university!