Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Finance
The University of Texas Permian Basin
Department: College of Business
Job DescriptionThe University of Texas Permian Basin invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Finance. The salary depends upon qualifications and experience. Teaching area desired is open. Candidates will be expected to teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels. Faculty are expected to teach online and face to face, as needed.
REPORTS TO: Department Chair and Dean of the College of Business
SALARY RANGE: Salary Competitive
The University of Texas Permian Basin is a component institution of the University of Texas System. The College is accredited by AACSB. It is a regional comprehensive institution serving the Midland-Odessa metropolitan area and 17 surrounding counties with a population of approximately 350,000. Bachelors and
Master's degrees are awarded in more than 35 fields. The University enrolls approximately 6,500 students with about 1,500 in the College of Business. More information about the college may be found at http://www.utpb.edu
The college seeks candidates with strong teaching skills and potential for impactful research output. Service expectations throughout the faculty member's career will emphasize contributions to student success. The hired faculty is expected to be a role model for our diverse student body.
The Finance discipline offers a Bachelors of Business Administration in Finance degree and contributes to an MBA and an MBA with an emphasis in Finance. The program is adding faculty to extend its offerings to include a proposed Master's of Science in Finance.
Questions regarding the search process or position requirements should be directed to Dr. Alper Gormus at email@example.com.
This position will remain open until filled.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Department Chair and Dean of the College of Business.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of the hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
2. The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
3. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
4. EOE, including disability/vets.
5. UTPB participates in e-Verify.
The University offers an excellent compensation package that includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
Required QualificationsREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. A Doctorate in Finance from an AACSB accredited program.
2. The position is to be filled by someone entering the position with AACSB Scholarly Academic credentials in the Finance discipline.
3. A current CFA, CFP (or other relevant finance certification), or willingness to pursue such designations in the future are positive attributes for the applicant. Strong candidates who are ABD and will complete their dissertation before September 1, 2022, will be considered.
4. Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check is required according to section 51.125 of the Texas Educational code.
Posting Number: F148P
Open Until Filled: Yes