Manager, Student Success
Kennesaw State University
Student Affairs and Services
Job ID: 234681
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Oversees and administers all facets and activities related to day-to-day operations of department advising and/or academic support services. Manages advising and/or academic support staff within the college. Analyzes and prepares reports of data trends on student success and learning metrics. Participates in the development and implementation of student initiatives, activities, workshops, and events to support student engagement and success with the department and college.
- Oversees and administers all facets and activities related to day-to-day operations of the department advising and/or academic support services
- Supervises and leads assigned staff and/or student assistants
- Provides academic advising and/or support services to assigned students and/or college
- Prepares advising and/or academic support materials such as student information, advising or academic guides and recruitment materials
- Coordinates the collection, compilation and analysis of program activity data, prepares and presents comprehensive program reports and evaluation summaries
- Facilitates and/or participates in orientation sessions, open house events and other student focused activities for the assigned college/department
- Develops initiatives, policies and procedures to ensure that students receive needed information, services and support
- Ensures effective and timely communication with students for all programs within the department
- Liaise between advisors, department leadership and faculty
- Oversees the scheduling of advising and/or center appointments
- Utilizes the approved software platforms that track student engagement in and outside of the classroom activities for the department
- Serves as the liaison between the software system and users (students, faculty and student organizations)
- Assists leadership with the development of strategic initiatives and evaluates and identifies areas for improvement across departmental functions
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field
Two (2) years of relevant work experience and including previous supervisory experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Masters degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Previous experience in Advising or Career Services
Previous experience in operations and/or management
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to manage and support the personal development of direct reports
Able to foster student success through retention, progression, and graduation initiatives
Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with faculty, staff, and administrators within and across academic units and departments
Able to maintain effective working relationships internal and external to the department
Able to make administrative and/or procedural decisions and judgments
Able to collect, analyze, present and report information
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Enthusiasm for working with and supporting students
Program planning, implementation, and leadership skills
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, organization, communication(verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, campus data systems)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=234681&PostingSeq=1