Business Manager, Senior
Posting Number: req7301
Department: Obstetrics and Gynecology
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N. Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsUnder the direction of the Department Chair, the Business Manager, Senior (Administrative Operations Professional II) will oversee and manage the business, finance and human resource functions for the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN).
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and work under pressure to discretely handle a variety of activities and confidential matters. These departments conduct leading-edge research for translational patient care and provide continuing education at the University of Arizona-Tucson. Our faculty are recognized locally and nationally for their expertise in their chosen sub-specialties. Come be part of this exciting team!
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides oversight and management of the department business and financial functions including financial planning, personnel, payroll, budgeting, and accounting.
- Oversees the management of expenditures in accordance with budgeted amounts, and authorizes requests for supplies, services, and purchases.
- Works with Banner Clinical Department Administrator to create employee funding plans from multiple funding sources. Develops and implements clinical, research and academic budgets. Leads year-end accounting activities.
- Supervises administrative support staff.
- Provides oversight and management of the hiring process and advises on personnel matters. Participates in decision-making regarding hiring, evaluation, promotions and terminations of employees.
- Assists with the design and implementation of best practice procedures to ensure separation of duties, confidentiality, security, compliance, audit-able record keeping, and records management.
- Advises staff and faculty on financial, technical and operational matters. Oversees instructions and orientation of new employees.
- Promotes and ensures compliance in all business-related activities.
- Serves as the department's Promotion and Tenure Coordinator. Collaborates with the Faculty Affairs office following the policies and procedures for faculty appointments, and requirements and process for promotion. Advises the Department Chairs and faculty as requested.
- Works with faculty to regularly update and maintain UAVitae, the University's online system for documenting achievements for faculty annual reviews.
- Proactively schedules and manages the faculty annual review process and all aspects of the promotion and tenure process.
- Interprets and implements University and outside agency rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Evaluates and recommends operational changes to work unit to ensure effectiveness and compliance with University policies and regulations.
- Analyzes administrative and operational functions for efficiency and effectiveness and implements appropriate changes and improvements.
- Investigates, evaluates, and resolves typical administrative/operational issues or situations impacting department faculty and staff.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained
through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
*Highly prefer UA experience. *8-10 years of relevant work experience. *Master's degree. *Professional and courteous interpersonal and communication skills. *Excellent organizational and time management skills. *Excellent verbal and written and communication skills. *A strong work ethic and a high degree of reliability. *Resourcefulness and resiliency in finding answers and solutions. *Teamwork and collaboration skills.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40+
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $48,786 - $65,997
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Jerie Schulz | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.