Clinical Research Activation Manager - Cancer Center
Posting Number: req7267
Department: Cancer Center Division
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: Cancer Center , 1515 N Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe University of Arizona Cancer Center (UACC) is a National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer through patient care, research, and education. The UACC is seeking an Activation Manager. The successful candidate will lead the activation of clinical research studies and supervise the day-to-day operations of their team.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interpret complex research protocols and identify the explicit and implicit items needed for trial activation.
- Navigate protocols through a complex activation system involving Finance, Contracts, Nursing, Clinical Research Operations, external/industrial pharmaceutical companies and institutions, and all clinical departments involved in human research studies.
- Support in the steps of trial activation through all steps including UACC, UAHS, and hospital partner processes.
- Manage activation for critical high-profile protocols that require advanced expertise, strategic thinking, and troubleshooting.
- Maintain & improve the user experience of protocol activation across assigned departments and services.
- Ensure consistency and workload balance of the teams.
- Participate in process improvement working groups and maintain large scale development projects simultaneously with staff management.
- Guide staff to ensure programmatic activities adhere to established timeframes and deadlines.
- Educate staff on clinical research procedures, processes and research protocol documents.
- Prepare activation metrics for assigned departments and services and identify trends or areas for improvement.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines, Human Subject Protection, clinical trial design, regulatory processes, and clinical development process required.
- Advanced comprehensive knowledge of the regulations pertaining to human research protection (including 21 CFR and 45 CFR 46 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Strong ability and understanding of how to collect, analyze, interpret and prepare data for presentation (i.e., written, tabular and graphical formats).
- Ability to analyze situations, draws conclusions, make recommendations and convey information in a timely and proficient manner.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with clinical staff (investigators, nurses, etc.), administration, research and clerical support staff, and Institutional Leaders as well as external sponsors and funders.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
* 7+ years of clinical research experience, oncology experience.
* 4+ years of direct staff management experience.
* Prior activation manager experience.
* Master's degree.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $53,946 - $75,896
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Chad Adams | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.