Clinical Research Administrative Director - Cancer Center
Posting Number: req7315
Department: Cancer Center Division
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: University of Arizona Cancer Center, 1515 N Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsExciting opportunity to make a significant impact in the field of cancer center clinical research at the nationally recognized National Cancer Institute - Designated Comprehensive University Cancer Center and serve as a member of the leadership team. This key role for the University of Arizona Cancer Center (UACC), based in Tucson, will be responsible for the administration of the Clinical Trials Office and Clinical Data and Monitoring, Protocol Review and Monitoring, Clinical Trials Budgeting, Regulatory and Compliance, Data Safety and Monitoring, and other aspects related to management of a National Cancer Institute (NCI)--designated Comprehensive Cancer Center Clinical Research operations. The position oversees more than 80 staff who support the activation and conduct of cancer trials, the Center's Protocol Review and Monitoring Systems, Data and Safety Monitoring Board, research data management and quality, and financial management.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
supervise, coach, mentor, and manage performance of the supervisory staff in
the office and provide oversight of the staff who report to them.
- Maintain an organizational structure that optimally supports the conduct and
support of clinical trials in the Center. Administrative functions (Finance,
HR, Facilities, etc.) to support areas of oversight are provided in
collaboration with the Associate Directors, Administration.
operations of the Clinical Research Oversight Council (CROC), the Scientific
Review Committee (SRC) and the Data Safety and Monitoring Board (DSMB).
- Develop and maintain clinical trials office policies, procedures, work
instructions, and other resource information that allows the staff to perform
efficiently and to deliver a high-quality work product.
closely with the Associate Director, Clinical Investigations, Medical Director of the Clinical Trials
Office, and the Cancer
Center leadership to contribute to the strategic direction of the clinical
research enterprise at UACC.
- Work with the Medical
Director of the CTO, along with other Cancer Center and institutional
leadership, develop and implement a strategic plan for a clinical trials network in the most
important regions for our catchment area
- Oversee clinical trial operations.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of effective staff
collaboratively with the UACC Associate Director of Administration for services
needed to support the clinical trial operations including space,
marketing/communications, IT support, etc. as well as providing clinical
research data for programs, shared resources, and grants.
and implement metrics for staff productivity and quality.
- Provide input to the development of annual budgets for the clinical trials
operation, monitor financial status, and take appropriate actions required to
manage to budget.
- Collaborate with other clinical trials offices in the College of Medicine and
throughout the University.
- Serve as a liaison to college and University offices, state and federal
agencies, affiliated programs and industry sponsors related to the conduct of
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with clinic management and
staff members who provide standard care in outpatient clinic(s).
- Provide information and analysis in support of the NCI Cancer Center Support Grant,
progress reports, renewal applications, other grant applications, and contract
- Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding clinical research protocol
development and conduct, budgeting, and contracts in order to serve as a
resource for the staff and investigators.
data reporting according to National Cancer Institute guidelines.
- Provide oversight of regulatory compliance and monitoring.
- Serve as an effective liaison for all UACC investigators with industry
sponsors for potential clinical trial development and funding.
- Report on activities of program to UACC administration, NCI, or others.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree. Master's preferred.
- Minimum of 9 years of related work experience, including 5 years of managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Experience leading a team, project, program, or function is required.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field (Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Clinical Research Management, etc.)
* Master's degree in Hospital and Health Administration, Business Administration or other related field,
* Minimum 7 years of work experience in a clinical research setting.
* Minimum 7 years of leadership and management experience in healthcare or research.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Demonstrated decision-making ability.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships.
* Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret policy and directives.
* Demonstrated experience in cancer-related clinical trials.
* Demonstrated ability to design and implement efficient processes to facilitate clinical trials.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $114,240 - $160,724
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Dr. Rachna Shroff | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.