Clinical Research Assistant (Part Time)(Temporary)(Multiple Positions)
Posting Number: req7133
Department: Obstetrics and Gynecology
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is looking for two temporary, part time Clinical Research Assistants to add to their Clinical Research Team. The ideal candidates will be motivated, organized, dependable, and work as members of a productive team. The selected candidates will be responsible for recruiting women to participate in a COVID-related research project, abstract medical records, enter data into RedCap, transfer specimens, and interview patients for follow up, build necessary kits, and other related duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruitment and enrollment of participants for medical studies by interviewing potential participants and reviewing medical history to determine if eligibility requirements are met. Evaluate potential study participants to ensure they meet eligibility requirements; instruct study participants concerning research protocol and complete the patient informed consent procedure.
- Schedule and/or perform medical testing such as drawing cord blood, collecting specimen samples from placentas. Includes processing and packaging of laboratory samples for storage.
- Complete case report forms for each study participant and document medical data in the patient record.
- Inventory and requisition supplies and equipment; arrange for repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent
learning attained through experience required.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 20
Job FTE: 0.5
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: No Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Expected End Date: 12/31/2021
Contact Information for Candidates
Debra Guinn, MD | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.