Posting Number: req7266
Department: Senior VP Health Sciences
Location: University of Arizona Health Sciences
Address: 1670 E Drachman St, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsA Coordinator with our Grants Team in the University of Arizona Health Sciences (UAHS) Office of Research Administration will work collaboratively with colleagues to provide concierge-level service to UAHS investigators as they prepare and submit applications for sponsored projects. The Coordinator will be provided individualized opportunity to develop a career path while receiving exposure to and training in all aspects of research administration, specifically: biographical sketch compliance editing, Other Support verification and formatting, internal record-keeping and proposal information tracking, UAccess Research proposal development and routing for approvals, and upload of information to sponsor portals.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development, coordination, and submission of applications for funding from private, federal, and state sources. Complete, review, and/or format documents and forms required for internal or sponsor approvals, including proposal development documents in UAccess Research, Other Support documents as required by sponsors, subaward documents required at proposal stage, and progress reports as required by sponsors. Communicate with investigators to obtain revisions or approvals as needed, and maintain records of approvals and submissions to sponsors.
- Assist in informing or clarifying internal and sponsor policy to investigators as needed. Provide templates and examples of required documents to investigators as possible, including internal facilities and resources. Connect investigators to additional grant-related resources as needed, such as the UAHS Library; Research, Innovation, and Impact; and departmental advisors.
- Manage and maintain repositories for UA investigators' biographical sketches and other support documents according to approved SOPs. Assist with maintaining Mentor Tables for NIH T32 grant programs.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of university and sponsor agency policies and procedures.
* Standout colleague who supports the team and is able to resolve issues with a positive outcome.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment with changing priorities.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a manner that is effective and efficient.
* Experience with UA systems, specifically UAccess Research.
* Willingness to adjust schedule to work weekend and evening hours when necessary.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and significant attention to detail.
* Self-motivated, takes initiative, and a strong ability to multi-task multiple projects.
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Demonstrated ability to interact professionally and effectively with investigators, sponsors, and cross-functional teams.
* Demonstrated customer service.
* Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Grant & Contract Admin
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Christine Gaul | email@example.com | 520-626-1542
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.