Facilities Management and Services Lead IV (Student Unions) (Housekeeping)
Posting Number: req7223
Department: Student Union-Operations
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The AZ Student Unions is seeking an experience Facilities Operations Supervisor (Facilities Management and Services Lead IV) to lead our Operations Team. This position supervises the Housekeeping and Operations activities for all of the Arizona Student Unions buildings and satellite locations while maintaining cleanliness, sanitation, health and appearance of the facilities.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides supervision of employees in providing building operations and housekeeping services.
- Responsible for the organizing and guidance of routine operations.
- Supervises Operations staff for Arizona Student Unions buildings which includes Housekeeping and Facilities Operations.
- Assists in developing team needs specifications.
- Drive Student Unions vehicles (including golf carts) to all AZ Student Unions buildings and satellite locations when needed.
- May assist in planning and control of Facilities Operations expenses including but not limited to annual budget, reconciliation of actual expenses.
- Implements and guides the day to day work of staff to meet job standards and outcomes
- Assists with inventory control according to established procedures.
- Assists with competitive selection processes for operational needs.
Makes recommendations to Assistant Director related to necessary materials and equipment in conjunction with budgeting process.
- Typically supervises non-exempt employees. Coach, establishes and communicates performance expectations and with junior team members
- May provide input on development opportunities.
- Frequently interacts with other departments within Arizona Student Unions to assist with special events, moving furniture or other facilities needs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or
equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 7 years of
relevant experience required.
- Must have a valid drivers license and Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.;
- Must be able to transport/move a minimum of 50 lbs
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40+
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Facilities, Grounds and Infrastructure
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $38,892
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Facilities Mgmt & Services
Facil, Grounds, & Infra
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.