Facilities Management and Services Worker II
Posting Number: req7237
Department: Parking and Transportation
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The University of Arizona's Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) department is seeking a qualified candidate to fill their Facilities Management & Service Worker II position. This position will provide general cleaning, preventive maintenance and repair of parking facilities and grounds for the Field Operations Team of PTS. Primary function is to support the Assistant Director of Operations with general preventive and scheduled maintenance using a variety of equipment to maintain all parking facilities. An ideal candidate for this position will ensure parking facilities are operational, clean, attractive, orderly, safe and in a healthy condition, which will support the department in delivering customer service excellence. This position also assists in submitting reports and maintaining accurate on-hand and consumption levels of supplies, materials, decals, signs for parking facilities and grounds.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please visit https://talent.arizona.edu/.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains facilities, grounds and equipment to provide a clean, attractive, orderly and safe parking environment on campus.
- Performs daily upkeep and scheduled preventive maintenance of parking facilities and equipment to deliver consistent, reliable and excellent services to Parking and Transportation Services' customers.
- Performs short-notice and/or nonstandard work activities required deliver of Parking and Transportation Services excellence throughout campus.
- Routinely operates power and hand tools to perform repair and maintenance activities.
- Provides timely and accurate reports, including supporting documentation, of status of parking facilities and equipment.
- Ability to move/transport over 50 pounds
- May be subject to extreme heat in an outdoor work environment
- May be subject to a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, or exposure to chemicals in work setting
- Exposure to oils or other cutting fluids
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Facilities, Grounds and Infrastructure
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $16.00
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Facilities Mgmt & Services
Facil, Grounds, & Infra
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for CandidatesEmilia Eldridge
Hiring and Employee Relations Administrator
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.