LSMSA seeks applicants for Biology Instructor (Available August 1 2022)
The Louisiana School for Math, Science, and the Arts, a selective admission, residential high school for Louisiana’s gifted and high-achieving students, seeks to fill a Biology teaching position beginning in August 2022. This is a full-time, ten-month position and includes all benefits of state employment. The successful applicant’s primary responsibility will to be to teach high-aptitude sophomores, juniors, and seniors in a small class setting. Teaching assignments will include introductory and advanced biology and associated laboratories, as well as the possibility of electives in microbiology, or the candidate’s area of biology expertise.
- A minimum M.S. degree in Biology is required (Ph.D. preferred).
- Teaching experience is highly desired, although applicants having significant professional experience in a biological science discipline who are able to teach introductory biology will also be considered.
- Experience conducting research with students and mentoring students in Biology related projects is a positive.
- Typical teaching load is 15 contact hours per semester. In addition to teaching, the successful candidate must be innovative, willing to guide and tutor students, and adhere to an office hours schedule.
- Other duties include academic advising and assisting in extra-curricular and student social activities outside the normal school day.
LSMSA, a 2020 National Blue Ribbon School and recently listed within the top 1% of America’s Best Public High Schools according to Niche.com, is a residential high school, is publicly funded as a state agency, and is tuition free. The highly selective admissions process is open to all gifted and high achieving rising 10th and 11th grade students in Louisiana. On average, students enroll from 70% of the state's parishes (counties). Founded in 1983, LSMSA is located in Historic Natchitoches. The school is adjacent to Northwestern State University; faculty and students have access to the university library and many other facilities and programs.
Multiple benefits offered along with competitive salary include: state sponsored health, life and retirement plans, University of Louisiana tuition discount and many others.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the search will remain open until the position is filled. Please send a letter of application, a current resume or curriculum vitae and a statement of teaching philosophy, transcripts from the last degree granting institution, contact information for three references, and our standard application form to Sheila Kidd at: firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding the school, the position, and the application process, as well as our application form, please visit: https://www.lsmsa.edu/about-us/employment