Benefits and Payroll Administrator - FT
Job Location: Corporate - Mission - Mission, KS
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Days
Job Category: Human Resources
Under the general supervision of the Regional HR Manager, with a dotted line to the Payroll Manager, the Benefits & Payroll Administrator is responsible for the implementation and administration of employee benefits programs. Programs include, but are not limited to, group health, 401(k) retirement plan, life and accidental death and dismemberment, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability, educational reimbursement, wellness program, LOA, and tuition reduction. This position is also responsible for, onboarding process for new hires, terminations final payment, verification of employment. All Concorde associates are required to display professionalism and uphold Concorde's Mission and the core values of respect for the individual, integrity, teamwork, customer service, and achievement.
- Partners with benefit vendors to design, develop and transmit eligibility and enrollment data file feeds between systems to ensure benefit availability to associates and accurate payment of premiums. Understands benefit data and process flows.
- Provides accurate and timely advice to Associates on benefit related issues in accordance with the plan documents and summary plan descriptions. Communicates with vendors to ensure systemic issues are resolved rapidly to avoid disruption to Associates.
- Responsible for the open enrollment process by ensuring accuracy of communication materials, facilitating open enrollment meetings, preparing informational packets to be mailed to employees and ensuring integrity of enrollment elections within all systems.
- Provide support to associates with benefit related questions and LOA's.
- Assist in implementing and continuation of wellness program.
- Compile and submit statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, to appropriate departments. Setup and maintain push reports in Paycom for managers.
- Work with Paycom team on Benefit file feeds.
- Process all verification of employment requests within 24 hours of receipt. Maintain completed verifications of employment documents as regulated by state and federal laws.
- Understand the Fintwist pay card process (calculations, funding, etc.).
- Assist in tracking and auditing eligibility updates.
- Process Tuition Reduction and Education Reimbursement applications/reimbursement requests
- Assist with auditing Benefit plan administration including 401(k), Health Care Plan, and the voluntary products as assigned.
- Prepare billings for payment.
- Assist Payroll and Benefits departments with year-end activities.
- Process all on boarded new hires through Paycom. Ensure completeness and compliance with Concorde policies, procedures, and state and federal laws.
- Assign checklist(s) based on associates' work location and DOL status.
- Assign Paycom training to associates at time of on boarding or by request of the associate's manager or the Payroll Manager.
- Stay informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll & benefits processes.
- Back up to the Payroll Manager Payroll processing. Monitor the BETI payroll process. Learn the BETI dashboard, monitor and process the validation warnings to final submit Payroll.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Knowledge of ERISA, HIPAA, and benefits related laws
- Minimum five years of benefits and comprehensive payroll experience required
- Experience working with Paycom system and multi-state locations preferred
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Intermediate level Excel skills, ability to navigate HRIS system. Knowledge of Microsoft office products