Student Accounts Advisor
The Student Accounts Advisor is responsible for assisting students in understanding and meeting their financial obligations by performing a range of functions for students including making contact for payment, posting tuition refunds, scheduling student refund and stipend checks, offering and scheduling payment plan options, processing tuition and fee payments, and interacting with other offices to ensure the highest level of student satisfaction regarding any questions or concerns regarding students' accounts.
TCS Education System operates on a hybrid remote/in office work schedule. Employees have the opportunity to experience the collaborative work environment of TCS by being in the office 3 days a week, while also enjoying the flexibility of having the option to work from home 2 days per week.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as primary contact for students across campuses with account related questions. Communicating with students via email and telephone to ensure timely receipt of scheduled payments. Establishing repayment schedules based on school policy and students' financial situations. Documenting, recording, and maintaining information about student communication and changes to students' accounts in CampusVue.
- Collecting and posting tuition and fee payments to students' accounts. Posting student fees that are not automated to student accounts (i.e., late payment fees, add/drop fees, replacement ID card fees, etc.).
- Monitoring billing holds on students' accounts in CampusVue and partnering with Student Services on retention efforts. Processing forms that affect students' account ledger (e.g., add/drop forms, leave of absence forms, withdrawal forms, etc.).
- Reviewing packaging of federal and other fund sources completed by the financial aid department and determining any unmet needs.
- Adhering to all school policies and procedures and applicable federal and state regulations and all accrediting agencies' standards and requirements related to student aid disbursement.
- Answering incoming calls and responding to student inquiries via email in a high volume call center type environment
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Student Accounts Management Team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong customer service skills including meeting quality standards and evaluating student satisfaction.
- Capability to make collection calls; discuss finances with students
- Strong critical thinking, reasoning, and decision making skills, along with strong organizational and time management skills.
- An interest in learning applicable federal and state regulations and requirements related to student aid disbursement. Ability to apply and adapt policies and procedures to achieve specific outcomes.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions (i.e., addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word) and CampusVue (preferred, but not required).
- Experience with and familiarity processing VA and military education benefits preferred.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- One to two years of customer service experience preferred
- Experience related to conflict resolution a must.
- Ability to work evenings (minimum 2 days a week Wednesday and Thursday)
Please note: For the protection of faculty, staff, students and all who enter our facilities, TCS Education System has made the decision to require COVID-19 vaccination for all employees, unless granted medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment beginning November 15, 2021.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.