Communications Project Manager
If you’re looking to utilize your organizational skills in managing multiple projects, where you can leverage your creative process and production experience in an environment that fosters collaboration with colleagues towards a rewarding mission, then NursingABC may be the place for you.
We are looking for a Communications Project Manager who will play a vital role in ensuring our key projects run smoothly – on time, in scope, and within budget. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Communications, the Communications Project Manager is responsible for leading in the development and organizational adoptions of standards for facilitating communications initiatives and marketing campaigns, from inception to completion, and occasionally managing special projects within the department. Experience working with creative teams (multimedia) or in an agency environment is preferred. Familiarity with project management platforms (e.g., Monday.com) is desired.
Working with various project sponsors and cross-functional stakeholders, the Communications Project Manager will have great attention to details in ensuring quality control throughout project life cycles, including the planning, executing, and evaluating of creative deliverables.
At NursingABC/Portage Learning, our mission is to bridge the gap to educational opportunities. We believe this commitment to the individual student is founded on our core values as a company. We fulfill our mission and purpose through service, integrity, adaptability, and care. These same ideals are shared in our view of work and how it plays out in each individual employee. Here, we believe the growth of a person, as a whole, is necessary for reaching both professional and personal accomplishments. We care about the people that work here and the meaningful impact they have on others.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function(s).
Project Management: (50%)
Plans, organizes, monitors, and oversees projects utilizing cross-functional teams to deliver defined requirements, and meet strategic communication and organizational objectives.
- In collaboration with the Communications team, devise the processes, protocols, and procedures, and, building and monitoring within project management software, utilize project management best practices within a creative services environment.
- Work with the Project Sponsor and project team to develop project plans, including project life cycles, project requirements, resource requirements, change management processes, risk management, key milestones, communications mechanisms, and deliverables.
- Lead the project team to develop and execute projects in accordance with the plan created, along with the applicable corporate standards, guidelines, and processes.
- Ensure previous projects’ lessons learned and applicable industry experience is incorporated into the project execution plan.
- Create and maintain the project schedule.
- Navigate projects through associated deliverables and stage gates (estimates, schedules, deliverables, etc.)
- Work with the project sponsor, determine how results will be measured, and complete a post-project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved.
Leadership and Problem-Solving (20%)
Provides leadership and problem-solving for assigned project(s), including leading the project team in conjunction with the Project Sponsor. Serve as the primary point of contact for the project(s) for the organization and manage and resolve any changes or issues related to the project(s).
- Serve as the primary point of contact for project updates and status with project owner and creative team.
- Build, nurture, and maintain creative and cooperative working relationships with marketing teams and managers, including other area managers as needed.
- Negotiate with project stakeholders to identify resources, resolve issues, and mitigate risks.
- Act as a mediator between team members and stakeholders, escalating issues when appropriate.
- Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout the project life cycle.
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved.
- Help determine if any external consultants or contractors will be required to complete project plans, and work with project team to recruit appropriate staffing resources if required.
Reporting, Tracking, and Communication (20%)
Develops reports and recommendations and communicates plans via written and oral presentations to project sponsors, stakeholder groups, and the organization.
- Open/Close projects and track, report on project milestones, provide status reports, and manage approvals.
- Maintain detailed project documentation including meeting minutes, action items, issues lists, organization of assets, and samples.
- Coordinate cross-functional meetings with various administrative and academic areas to meet overall stakeholder expectations and company’s objectives.
- Continuously identifies and implements process changes and improvements and planning methodologies to enhance performance across projects.
Provides administrative support for the project, including data entry/management, and other items as needed to move the project forward.
- Data entry and management in project management software.
- Establish cost centers and coordinate budgets and invoicing.
- Meet with individual teams, as needed, to discuss projects(s) and deliverable(s).
- Assist with any tasks needed to move the project forward (e.g., scheduling talent, proofing content, etc.).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent working knowledge of project development and management.
- Familiarity with project management tools and/or software packages.
- Knowledge of creative services and the context in which educational organizations operate.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project that need to be managed.
- High capacity for creative thinking and developing ideas into completed projects.
- Effective at problem solving and conflict management with an ability to determine effective solutions.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, listening, and public speaking) skills.
- Must be service oriented with a focus on helping others.
- Capable of managing financial and personnel resources.
- Effective at managing time and coordinating personnel and activities.
- Display a strong ability to guide, direct, and motivate others.
Qualifications (Education Requirements/Experience):
- Project management: 2 years (Required)
- Marketing firm or Communications department experience: 2 years (Highly preferred)
- Ability to be proficient in project management software (Monday.com a plus)
- Demonstrated agreement with the stated mission, philosophy, values, and goals of NursingABC.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, projectors, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit; talk and hear, use hands to type, file, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- May require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk, lift, carry and move light to medium weight. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and learn technical information.
- Light lifting is required. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force to constantly move objects.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Must be able to work from the office located in Chippewa Township, PA and conduct a minimum of 80% of work hours in the office.
This job does not require travel outside of the office.
Other Duties Disclaimer:
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational goals.