Information Technology Administrator- Extension Service
West Virginia University Extension Services is currently accepting applications for a Information Technology Administrator.
About the Opportunity
As an Information Technology Administrator for the Extension Services team, you will support informational technology to all 55 counties for West Virginia University Extension Service with regards to systems analysis and development, event database creation and management, and event software web site management.
You will provide system administration of existing applications such as Volunteer/Member Vetting Systems, ExtApps, and Moodle Training systems. You will work independently and take ownership of projects while consulting with other team members for guidance and support as needed.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year
(for when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
- Wellness programs
- Database administration: Provide leadership of assigned projects including new development, implementations, or system upgrades. Aid development efforts with database design and maintenance.
- Project Planning: Meet primarily with Extension Specialists along with other team members for each project/event to develop a technology strategy utilizing project management tools to ensure deliverability. Advise the Extension Technology Director on technology developments that can streamline Extension's workflow.
- Cloud Automation/Cross Platform Integration: Automate workflows using cloud systems such as the Microsoft Power Platform and Qualtrics. Integrate existing and new web applications systems with 3rd party systems such as SSO providers, LMSs, and cloud systems.
- Microsoft Platform Development: Lead development and implementation of Microsoft platform services, such as Teams, Office 365 and others.
- Hardware/Software/Server Support: Provide administration for application servers housing Moodle, ColdFusion and other systems. Responsible for all facets of normal server utilization including specification and purchase, setup, data structure design, configuration and implementation, account setup and management. Coordinates server-based services with the special needs users. Maintain development and production environments for testing and production deployment. Work with Information Security on regular scans of both system and data repositories to ensure the highest level of compliance, reliability, and security.
- Learning Management System: Lead development and implementation of the Moodle LMS, which is instrumental to many of the training initiatives within Extension (both paid and free courses). Coordinate efforts to integrate with main University LMS.
- End User Instruction: Train Extension faculty and staff on how to utilize existing and new technology utilizing mixed methods such as webinars, workshops, digital modules, and help documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Data Analytics, or related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience involving:
- Web Development,
- Cloud Automation, and
- Data Processing.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience involving:
- Leadership in managing professional programming activities;
- project management experience;
- working knowledge of applications software.
- Customer service and/or support
* Valid Driver's License for independent state travel.
About WVUWhy WVU?
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Oct 8, 2021
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes