Director of Software Development and Architecture - Neuroscience Institute
The Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute (RNI)at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Director of Software Development and Architecture to build and manage and supervise a team of mobile and software engineers at the RNI Innovation Center focused on Applied and Clinical research projects. This position will assist Research, Development and Data Analytics in RNI to carry out research and development projects. Position will identify technology solutions to address issues and enable new opportunities. Will plan and manage implementation of projects.
As the Director of Software Development and Architecture, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Will build, direct, and supervise a multidisciplinary team of software and mobile engineers and contracted engineers to support research and development needs in Morgantown, WV.
- Will develop new contracts to bring on temporary software, mobile, electrical, and mechanical engineers.
- Will serve as a point of contact for collaborator's engineering teams.
- Will manage contracts and provide budget oversight for the engineering team.
- Will work independently and with the research and development team to gather and organize requirements to architect, design, build, test, and deploy software applications that assist in the collection, management, analysis, and investigation of clinical and applied research. Will orchestrate and direct new projects.
- Will design, implement, and manage a multidisciplinary engineering team to develop front-end tools and back-end servers to support mobile, web, cloud, and standalone applications.
- Will collaborate with business and process owners and end-users to determine needs and system maturation.
- Will be responsible for staff development, establish performance expectations and metrics, and implement plans for the growth of the team. Will meet with vendors and collaborative partners to discuss issues and agreements and provide issue resolution.
- Will develop operational processes and procedures in accordance with best practices.
- Will ensure institutional standards are met and provide justification for deviations.
- Will have three to eight direct subordinates
- Bachelor's degree in electronics and telecommunication engineering, industrial technology, computer science, information technology, or management information systems.
- Will also accept a master's degree in electronics and telecommunication engineering, industrial technology, computer science, information technology, or management information systems.
- Bachelor's degree and seven years of overall progressive experience in software development, architecture, and management. Will also accept a master's degree and five years of overall progressive experience in software development, architecture, and management.
5 years of experience:
- (1) designing software systems to support research;
- (2) planning and delivering software projects;
- (3) providing contract management and selection, including overseeing vendors;
- (4) architecting software systems to scale and optimizing the research technology platform;
- (5) testing and providing validation of software deliverables to ensure that they meet requirements;
- (6) standardizing the software development process and best practices to ensure industrial standards are met and consistent best practices used;
- (7) mentoring a team composed of software developers, project managers, and student workers;
- (8) guiding and providing strategic input for technology planning to ensure alignment with the overall organizational goals; and
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Job Posting: Oct 8, 2021
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes