Academic Coordinator, Business Communications (Part-Time)
Posting Number: req7157
Department: Management and Organizations
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The Business Communications program at the Eller College of Management is seeking a part-time Academic Coordinator. The successful candidate will improve the student experience by assisting course instructors with a variety of programs, courses, and student tasks.
The Business Communication Program provides an enriched learning experience for future business leaders to manage the complex and rapidly changing communication needs in the global marketplace. Students in our program develop their competence and expertise in an oral presentation, business writing, professional development, interpersonal communication, and team dynamics - key areas crucial for professional success.
We celebrate the diversity of our students and are working to increase diversity among our faculty and staff. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We believe diversity enriches us all, expands our understanding, and allows us to create better solutions.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Business Communications (BCOM) Faculty members will each require different levels of support depending on the subject area and design and platform of the course. Duties may include (at the graduate and undergraduate levels):
- Responding to student inquiries about course content and/or using the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Holding regularly scheduled office hours (virtually and possibly in-person).
- Grading written assignments.
- Assist with managing student assessments in all BCOM courses.
- Monitoring discussion boards and responding to student comments.
- Assisting with reviewing presentations and providing feedback to students.
- Entering grades in the LMS.
- Work closely with Eller Instructional Design team to continuously update and improve the online courses.
- Manage the D2L Business Communications faculty program page (update online library, rubric's, resources, etc.)
- Attend and participate in BCOM program meetings.
- Assist with managing student preceptors.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Master's or PhD in English, Communication, Business or a related field.
- Experience with an online learning environment.
- Experience using D2L, Blackboard or another LMS.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 20
Job FTE: .50
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $25.00
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.