Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 234682
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Manages integration projects to support the digital infrastructure at KSU. Architects and develops integration solutions and supervises teams that implement those solutions. Responsible for integrations relating to new business processes, new 3rd party systems and changing federal, state and/or university regulations.
1. Engineers and executes the full lifecycle of complex software solutions, including gathering requirements
2. Designs and develops applications and integrations according to specifications using appropriate programming languages, tools, development methodologies; adheres to best practice standards, communicates progress and delivers within scheduled timelines
3. Uses appropriate algorithms, logic, and data structures to solve problems and promote reusability
4. Writes well organized, documented, and readable code
5. Uses appropriate version control practices
6. Develops test plans and ensuring that code is well tested, covering expected cases and exceptions
7. Works constructively and collaboratively to resolve problems
8. Analyzes performance and function of code and takes action to correct deficiencies
9. Assists in developing and maintaining departmental coding standards and participates in peer code reviews
10. Understands business processes and translates them to software designs and specifications
11. Leads implementation on assigned projects
12. Assists in developing and enhancing the development toolset and core capabilities
13. Mentors and coaches assigned staff, fostering growth and development
14. Manages assigned personnel including approving time sheets, performance management and completing necessary paperwork
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited institution of higher education or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Five (5) years of IT development experience
Experience within a higher-education environment
Experience with Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) architectures and implementation
Experience with PL/SQL (stored procedures)
Experience with ORMs and data modeling
Experience with Agile development methodologies
Experience with distributed version control systems, preferably Git
Experience with continuous integration systems
Experience with managing projects and teams
Experience in hiring and developing teams
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to design and develop software that meets technical specifications to satisfy business requirements
Able to accurately estimate development times and meet deadlines
Able to work with stakeholders and vendors to design effective integration solutions
Able to work with minimal supervision, seeking assistance when significant deviations are proposed or when unprecedented problems arise
Able to anticipate problems and proactively develop appropriate solutions
Able to appropriately assess and communicate risks, benefits, and alternatives
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge and experience developing and utilizing REST-based APIs, SOAP and other Open APIs
Knowledge and experience with software design patterns, such as model-view-controller and object-oriented methodologies
Knowledge and experience troubleshooting software issues using debugging tools and diagnostic methods
Knowledge and experience developing database-centric applications and working with query languages (PL/SQL)
Knowledge and experience with web-oriented architectures, frameworks, and technologies such as Vue, React, Bootstrap, Flask, SQLAlchemy, Django
Knowledge and experience with data exchange and object notation formats, such as JSON and XML
Knowledge and experience using IDEs, such as Visual Studio Code, PyCharm, and Eclipse
Knowledge and experience working in both GUI and command-line environments
Knowledge and experience developing secure code by adhering to best practice prevention standards and implementing appropriate security frameworks (e.g. OAuth, OpenID)
Understanding of host-based networking fundamentals and network protocols, such as HTTP and SMTP
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=234682&PostingSeq=1