Zone Maintenance Trades Specialist I - Facilities and Services
The Facilities Management unit of the Division of Facilities and Services at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Zone Maintenance Trades Specialist I.Under the direction of the Operations Manager or Trades Specialist Lead, this position will perform various tasks in general construction and building maintenance type work.In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Perform maintenance duties as related to carpentry, such as but not limited to, fabrication and repair of various casework and furniture; installation and repair of various floors and ceilings; installation and repair of various window coverings, doors, trim, locksets, and windows; installation of window AC units and ventilation fans.
- Install and repair drywall, insulation, trims and moldings.
- Fabricate, install, and maintain walls, concrete forms, ramps, scaffolding, all permanent or temporary shelters, wooden steps, work platforms, handrails, wheelchair ramps, barricades, ladders, shipping crates, pallets, etc.
- Perform electrical maintenance duties, including replacing light switches, ballasts, outlets, sockets and lamping.
- Complete plumbing tasks, such as but not limited to, repair and maintenance of faucets, opening plugged drains, replacing worn or damaged traps, tightening loose packing, repairing flush valves, replacing worn or damaged commode seats, etc.
- Work with mechanical equipment systems, performing tasks such as installing parts in mechanical apparatus, repairing condensing and chilled water pumps, and repairing air handling and cooling tower equipment.
- Perform general maintenance duties as related to HVAC, such as but not limited to, calibration and adjustment of temperature controls, changing of V-belts, and minor repairs to AC and HV units.
- Erect various working platforms to include, but not limited to, metal and aluminum pipe scaffolding, pick boards and work stages, ladder jacks, extension ladders, step ladders, etc.
- Request parts, supplies, etc. from Warehouse and Tool Crib ensuring timely delivery and sequencing to include operating a state vehicle.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00 AMto 3:00 PM.
Pay Grade: 13,WVU provides competitive wages for its employees, and takes experience and related education into consideration when determining appropriate salary
WVU offers a comprehensive benefits package, 12 paid holidays and generous paid time off, as well as many other discounts and services. Learn more about available benefits athttps://talentandculture.wvu.edu/benefits-and-compensation.
- High school diploma plus up to 18 months of technical or vocational training in any of the fields of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, or general trades
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
- At least two (2) years ofgeneral trades building maintenance experience in the areas of basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, or other craft trades.
- Valid driver's license
- Physical demands include:
- Bending, stooping, crawling and climbing
- Lifting materials over 50 pounds
- Carrying equipment
- Utilizing various PPE
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer athttp://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Job Posting: Oct 8, 2021
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes