The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/
WORKING TITLE: Dean Assistant
UW SYSTEM OFFICIAL TITLE: Executive Assistant
POSTING DATE: October 11, 2021
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This position reports to the Dean of the Austin E. Cofrin School of Business and provides administrative support to the Dean of the Cofrin School of Business in support of the College’s mission, values, and strategic priorities. While working closely with the Dean, successful candidates are expected to operate with discretion and minimal supervision.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Schedules logistics for meetings, conferences, and travel and organizes schedules for a college or division leadership position.
- Develops and facilitates communications of varying complexity between various internal and external stakeholders.
- Compiles, screens, and evaluates correspondence and reports and recommends actions.
- Manages the organization, auditing, security, and confidentiality of records and files.
- Manages the finances of the college throughout the fiscal year, ensuring the college can achieve operational and strategic goals.
- Monitors budgets and reviews and approves expenditures.
- In collaboration with the Dean and Center/Laboratory Directors, prepare CSB operating budget.
- Procures supplies, goods, and services on behalf of the Dean’s Office.
- Prepare, distribute, and manage contract letters, personnel action (PA) forms, overloads and other related compensation activities.
- Assist with the coordination of recruitment and hiring activities on behalf of the Dean’s Office.
- Respond to employee human resource questions and concerns.
- Bachelor's degree at time of application
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse stakeholders and people of varied backgrounds
- Working knowledge of desktop hardware and standard business software programs (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) along with the software’s advanced functions
- Knowledge of online financial database programs and reporting functions
- Working knowledge of complex, interactive database software
- Ability to calculate payroll transactions and resolve discrepancies
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Working knowledge of content management systems (e.g. Kentico), and social media platforms
- Understanding of recruitment processes and appointments
The successful candidate will be expected to work inclusively and respectfully within a diverse campus community and practice civility in the workplace. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of inclusivity and equity as crucial components in the pursuit of organizational excellence.
In addition, the successful candidate will have strong oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills, demonstrated integrity and strong leadership, and the willingness to work independently and as part of a collaborative team. The University invites applicants who are dedicated to enriching the quality of life for students and the community by embracing the educational value of diversity, promoting environmental sustainability, encouraging engaged citizenship, and serving as an intellectual, cultural, and economic resource.CAMPUS INFORMATION:
Established in 1965, UW-Green Bay is a public institution serving 8,970 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students and 95,000 continuing education learners each year. We educate students from pre-college through retirement and offer 200+ degrees, programs and certificates. UW-Green Bay graduates are resilient, inclusive, sustaining and engaged members of their communities, ready to rise to fearlessly face challenges, solve problems and embrace diverse ideas and people. With four campus locations in Marinette, Green Bay, Manitowoc, and Sheboygan, the University welcomes students from every corner of the world. In 2020, UW-Green Bay was the fastest growing UW school in Wisconsin. UW-Green Bay works to ensure faculty and staff achieve their full potential as valued employees with its commitment to creating an environment that recognizes, values and respects the differences we all bring to the workplace, allowing everyone to do their best work. Employee testimonials can be found at #WhyUWGB. For more information, visit www.uwgb.edu.
The Cofrin School of Business (CSB) supports departments in Accounting & Finance, Business Administration, and Marketing & Management for roughly 1,500 students. The college has sustained continued annual growth over the last five years at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and is preparing for future expansion. The Cofrin School of Business serves the third largest economic engine and the third largest population base within the state of Wisconsin, with positive future demographics, and significant opportunities for external collaboration. The faculty and staff are committed to student success, experiential learning, and faculty actively engage in impactful scholarship.
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community website. For Campus Safety information, see our University Police website and our Annual Security Report. This report includes statistics about reported crimes, as well as information about crime prevention and campus security policies and procedures. Please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 if you would like a paper copy.SPECIAL NOTES:
Position is a full-time Academic Staff appointment. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s). A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community that welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Please submit application materials by Monday, October 25, 2021.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
The UW System provides an excellent benefits package, including participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement System.
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/HOW TO APPLY:
Select the job title for which you are applying. Click the "Apply for Job" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password” and select "Sign In." If you have not yet registered, click on "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing qualifications for the essential job functions
- Names and contact information for three references
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email: