Assistant Professor of Animal Biotechnology Conservation
The department offers bachelor's degrees in Small Animal Science, Conservation and Wildlife Management and Zoo Science. This position entails an in person, teaching load for a full-time faculty member. The ideal candidate is prepared to develop and teach introductory and advanced undergraduate courses in Laboratory Animal Management (lecture and laboratory). The ideal candidate is prepared to teach good laboratory practices and animal husbandry and nutrition. The successful candidate will demonstrate genuine commitment to the academic achievement and personal development of all students in the program. Delaware Valley University values a commitment to experiential learning and mentoring relationships with students.
All candidates must include with their application a Curriculum Vitae and Teaching Philosophy.
DVM or VMD or PhD in related field (Comparative Medicine, Laboratory Animal Management) preferred. Master's degree in Laboratory Animal Management or related field and related experience required.
- Laboratory Animal experience is preferred. Experience with rodents required.
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate level or in industry technologist training programs is preferred
- Develop and teach four courses (combination of laboratory and lectures) in laboratory animal management, husbandry, nutrition and good laboratory practices.
- Provide experiential learning opportunities via laboratory exercises
- Post and maintain regular office hours
- Follow IACUC AUAF guidelines and reporting requirements
- Advise students individually and participate in recruitment and outcomes assessment activities
- Serve on faculty committees as assigned or elected
- Participate in professional development activities to remain current in the field
- Attend regularly scheduled faculty and department meetings
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The above job responsibilities are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Commitment to undergraduate teaching and mentoring
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ongoing commitment to professional development
Delaware Valley University reserves the right to revise, change or modify job responsibilities and position qualifications as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Delaware Valley University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
Selected applicants will be responsible for providing the University with clearances, appropriate to the position, that have been completed within the last 5 years. These clearances include: Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Fingerprints completed by IDENTGO, Pennsylvania Child Abuse History clearance.